*If you don't want to make this much, cut the ingredients in half.
For Meat Sauce:
- 2 lb ground beef* seasonings of your choice add to the ground beef
- 67 ounce jar of Prego Traditional Spaghetti Sauce
- 24 oz Breakstone 4% Milkfat Small Curd Cottage Cheese
- 8 oz Breakstone 4% Milkfat Small Curd Cottage Cheese
- (2) 8 ounce Shredded Mozzarella Cheese * I just purchased a large bag of cheese to have
- (2) 8 ounce Shredded Mild Cheese * I just purchased a large bag of cheese to have
- 1 package of Muellers Lasagna * I purchased 2 just to have to have an extra box around
Other Things You'll need:
- Crock Pot
- Frying pan or large pot
- Large spoon
- Large dipping spoon (to place spaghetti sauce in crock pot)
- Bowl with lid
- Pam Non Stick Original Cooking Spray
Preparation and Cooking Directions:
Side Note: No need to cook the lasagna noodles. They will cook in the Crock Pot
1. Mix all the shredded mild and over half the shredded mozzarella together in a bowl and set aside.
2. Brown ground beef in a frying pan or large pot, season meat with the seasonings of your choice. Cook on medium high minutes until meat is no longer pink. Drain. Stir in spaghetti sauce. Cover with lid, let simmer, and remove from heat
3. Spray the bottom and sides of the Crock Pot lightly with Pam Non Stick Original Cooking Spray.
4. Put a thin layer of meat in the bottom of the crockpot then start laying meat
5. Layer uncooked lasagna noodles, I broke some of the lasagna noodles in half so they would fit properly in the crock pot
6. 1st layer cottage cheese or ricotta and the add shredded cheeses mixture
7. Repeat meat, noodles, cottage cheese, and shredded cheeses layer pattern until you almost reach the top. Your top layer should have lasagna noodles
8. Turn the Crock Pot on High for 5 hours and cover with lid. This is a trial and error type situation. Depending on your crock pot you may have to adjust the time. This was my first time making a Lasagna in my new crock pot I got a few months ago, but If you have a CROCK POT The Original Slow Cooker the directions I provided should work well for you. For your convenience I provided the time of when I started cooking to the final product etc.
(Start time 5:00 pm)
9. About 3 and 1/2 hours into cooking your lasagna, turn your dial on low. Remember to periodically check your lasagna so you won't undercook it or burn it (Time: 8:30 pm)
10. About 35 minutes before your Lasagna is done cooking sprinkle the rest of the mozzarella cheese on top and cover with lid. (Time: 9:25 pm)
10. Your lasagna should be done once the cheese starts melted. Take a fork and check to see if your noodles on the are tender. Turn off your crock pot and let cool. Then serve your meal.
(End Time: 10:00 pm)
Don't forget the Texas Toast!
Happy Birthday to my Best Friend!!
Now to best part of the post! My best friend's birthday! Yesterday was my best friend's birthday (Sept 23rd), so as a surprise I decided to cook him a dinner and make a dessert tray just for him!
The Birthday Boy!!!
He had no idea that I was making the dessert tray filled with brownies, M&M's chocolate chip cookies, and one of his favorite candies Rolos. He was happy for the gift!
It was wonderful spending time with him! I love this guy so much and !!! <3
A better view of the dessert tray and the card I gave him.
Inside the dessert tray. They're actually two bowls of cookies, and I stacked some of brownies of top of each other. Since his favorite color is blue I decided to used blue M&M's in the cookies.
Here are a few random pics I took while I was preparing to bake
On to the baking!
Prepping the cookies to bake
I went back and added more blue M&M's to the cookies
Individually wrapped brownies
Since he got off work later, I didn't post any pictures earlier in the day yesterday like I normally would. That could have ruin the surprised if he saw the pics online before I saw him lol. I'm glad he enjoyed his birthday dinner and birthday treats!
Thanks for stopping by my blog!