Monday, June 13, 2016

Maybelline Fit Me Collection Review: Matte + Poreless Foundation, and Pressed Powder

Hello Everyone!


In March I wrote a full review on Maybelline's Fit Me Collection: (Dewy+Skin) Foundation, Concealer, and Pressed Powder. To read that post, CLICK HERE. Today I have another post reviewing the Matte + Poreless Foundation and Pressed Powder.
* I purchased the Foundation and Concealer at Walmart for $5.94. (The pressed powder was is also $5.94)


Maybelline Fit Me Matte + Poreless Foundation in Warm Honey (322)



About the Product

This ultra-lightweight foundation contains micro-powders that absorb oil for a matte and poreless-looking finish. Unique formula goes beyond matching just skintone and also matches the texture of normal to oily skin for the ultimate natural fit


Why You'll Love It

Eliminate the look of pores and achieve natural looking skin with this lightweight, mattifying foundation.

For Best Results
 
Apply Fit Me! Matte + Poreless Foundation evenly to your face and blend with your fingers.


With Flash 


Without Flash 


My Thoughts

I like this foundation much better than the dewy skin foundation hands down! Don't get me wrong the dewy skin foundation works well, but this works much better on my skin! I guess it all depends on your skin type. Since I can have both oily and normal skin, I think it was a good idea that I have both in my makeup collection. I like the matte texture and it doesn't feel heavy at all! I also like how natural this foundation looks on my skin. I like how there is a wide variety of shades you can choose from so you're likely to find a shade that will match you, provided that your local store has it in stock. I chose Warm Honey and I think that it matches my skin tone really well. I didn't blend the foundation with my fingers as instructed on the site because I always use a brush. I found that blending didn't take much effort and the final result is that my skin looked flawless. The only con I have is that I wish that this foundation came with a pump. This is definitely a foundation that I'll be repurchasing!


Maybelline Fit Me Matte + Poreless Powder in Sun Beige (310)


About the Product

Tone + texture-fitting powder for the ultimate natural fit.
Mattifies and matches natural tone for a poreless-looking finish
For Normal to Oily Skin



  
Why You'll Love It
 
- Fit Me!® Matte + Poreless Powder from Maybelline New York goes beyond skin tone matching to 
  fit the unique texture issues of normal to oily skin for the ultimate natural skin fit.

- Fit Me Matte + Poreless Face Powder provides long-lasting, mattifying, shine control and up to  
  12HR wear for a natural, poreless-looking finish.

- Buildable coverage. Does not clog pores. Oil-free.

For Best Results
 
With the provided applicator, blot the powder onto areas of face with excess oil. Apply to your forehead, nose, cheeks, and chin and blend all over using gentle downward strokes. Build for fuller coverage.


With Flash 


Without Flash 



My Thoughts

This pressed powder is pretty good. To me this powder is similar to other powder I reviewed. I'm not really sure if it was a part of the dewy skin line, but it's similar except it feels matte.  I get moderate coverage and the pressed powder feels light weight. I've actually worn both the foundation and pressed powder for almost 12 hours and by the end of the day my makeup still looked in tact. Pretty impressive! I also like how natural this pressed powder looks on my face. There is one thing that I don't like and that is the shade selections. There are only 8 shades available (or at least for now). I went with Sun Beige 310 since it was the closest shade to my complexion. Sun Beige matches me pretty well so I wasn't too disappointed, but I hope that Maybelline will release more shades. I never really use the applicators that come in the compact, but my makeup brush picks up the powder well and applying it my face is very simple. If you're looking for an inexpensive pressed powder I recommend trying this one.

Do you own any of the Maybelline Fit Me products? What are your thoughts?


Thanks for stopping by blog!


14 comments:

  1. Do the stores by you usually have testers, Pilar? I always pick the wrong shade in drugstore foundations...do you feel that the color in the bottle for this line is very accurate to what you get on the skin?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've seen a few testers, but not many. I got mine from Walmart and I saw testers, but then I didn't see them anymore! Honestly I like the color selection with the Fit Me Foundations rather than the Superstay Better Skin Foundations. I think the color with the Fit Me line is accurate to what you get on your skin. I really like this foundation! Hope this info helps!

      Delete
  2. I absolutely love their foundation had not try the powder but I also like the concealer works amazing great review and Walmart is the first place I go to get my drugstore beauty items.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree the foundation and concealer work well! The powder is good too! I usually go to Walmart, CVS, or Walgree to get my drugstore beauty products!

      Delete
  3. I have the original one--the non-matte one!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm glad you love this one too, and I'm sure the matte version is better for summer time than the dewy one! This is one of my favorite drugstore foundations, I haven't used mine in a while so I need to pull it out. I wish it came with s pump too! Great review, Pilar!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank You! I think the only way I'll be using the dewy skin foundation during the Summer if my skin isn't oily lol! I think the matte verson would be better for the Summer too!

      Delete
  5. The Matte + Poreless Foundation sounds like it would be great to use during the Summer! Nice review!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I agree I think this verson is going to be better to use during the Summer!

      Delete
  6. That's really impressive wear time! I've been wanting to try the matte fit me for the summer.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know! I was very impressed with the wear time!

      Delete
  7. I have this in my collection and I love it......it really helps with my oily skin.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've noticed that my skin doesn't feel as oily when I use this matte foundation!

      Delete

Surviving Domestic Violence

Hello Everyone, October is Domestic Violence Awareness Month All the name calling and put downs...All the I'm sorrys and I...