Wednesday, June 1, 2016

BH Cosmetics Shaaanxo Palette Review/Collab with Ashley

Hello Everyone!



Today I have a review and collaboration with my awesome friend Ashley! A few weeks ago I sent her this Shaaanxo Eyeshadow and Lipstick Palette as an early birthday gift.  Well I decided to purchase this palette for myself as well so lets get started with the review!

Shaaanxo - 18 Color Eyeshadow & Lipstick Palette

  










YouTube beauty vlogger and makeup artist Shannon Harris, known to her fans as Shaaanxo shares her makeup secrets with an inspirational message. Her girl-next-door relatability and engaging personality make her the most subscribed-to channel in New Zealand and one of the top beauty influencers globally. Shaaanxo has hand-picked a mix of dynamic and down-to-earth shades that add up to a multitude of wearable looks that flatter a variety of skin tones.




Eye and Lip Products Used 


* Eyes *

1. Transition color 
2. In the Tear Duct and half of the Lid 
3. On the other half of the Lid 
4. On top of the Lid and Outer V 

* Lips *

Nude color lipstick 


My Thoughts 

Overall I think this is a pretty good palette. I have to admit that I like the eyeshadows more than I like the lipsticks. Lets start with the lipstick palette. The colors are very pigmented and creamy, but not very long lasting and some of the lipsticks it feels like I have to use a lot of it to achieve to the color I want even though I mentioned the colors are very pigmented. Even though this palette is travel friendly, I wouldn't suggest putting this in your purse during the warmer months since the lipsticks could melt. 

I absolutely love the eyeshadows in this palette! They're easy to blend and the fallout is minor. I was a little concerned about the pigmentation at first because when I swatched the shadows on my arm it some of shadows lacked pigmentation, but when I used my NYX White Eyeshadow Base the colors really came to life! In speaking of eyeshadow base if you view Shaaanxo video about her palette, she states that depending on the eyeshadow base you use some of the colors look different than they appear in the palette. I thought that was really neat because it's like you're getting more than 9 shadows lol. If you noticed in my makeup look the last color I used on top of my lid (4) looks dark in the palette, but it looks different in my makeup look. I think that this a good palette to have and  I can't wait to create more eye makeup looks with it! Make sure you check out Ashley's thoughts about this palettr on her blog ashleysuemakeup@blogspot.com


Thanks for stopping by my blog!

18 comments:

  1. I love the makeup look you did! Thanks so much again for sending me this awesome palette, and doing this collab with me Pilar!! I do agree it takes s bit to achieve buildup on the lipsticks, but I also kind of like how you can control the pigmentation of them that way! The one you're wearing in the look is my favorite!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks and you're welcome! Collabs are so much fun! I'm glad that you liked your palette! I agree it's good that you can control the pigmentation of the lipsticks! I really like the nude lipstick I'm wearing too!

      Delete
  2. Great presentation of the makeup I usually do not purchase lipstick in palette is hard to take along my business travel.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I agree I don't think I would take this along for travel and definitely not during the warmer months!

      Delete
  3. This is a pretty palette! The look you created is gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely post hun! I like this so much.

    JENNEROUTFITS.COM a blog dedicated to kendall and kylie jenner’s best outfits.

    ReplyDelete
  5. That sounds like a great palette!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. The look you did is so pretty! I would have never thought of that color combo--you are so creative!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I was unsure of what look I was going for so I just combined those colors!

      Delete
  7. This palette looks great on you! I really like how you used the eyeshadow shades in this look. You look great!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Like the palette, the colors looks nice
    Xo
    FrenchyGal

    ReplyDelete

Reflections 2017/Almost 32 Years old

Hello Everyone! The year isn't over, but today I wanted to write my reflections post. My birthday is on Christmas Day, and I wanted...