Friday, May 21, 2021

Why Mental Health Matters

 Hello Everyone!


I had a couple of posts planned for May, but life happened, so bare with me... I have a good bit of drafts, but lately I've haven't been feeling that great emotionally or physically. I figured why not just focus on Mental Health Awareness for this month. Mental health matters because it affects many aspects of your life that include relationships, work, how you feel about yourself etc. 

Do things that make you happy


JOAH Beauty  Use my affiliate discount (20% off for JOAH shoppers, Free gift w/30 purchase, JOAHCJ)

I've been going through a funk, and that's okay. I acknowledge that. Makeup is one thing that makes me happy. I love creating makeup looks and discovering new products. During this pandemic I started feeling like I was losing my passion. I think that was just depression, slowly but surely I'm getting back into creating more makeup looks. 


JOAH Chasing The Sun Eyeshadow and Bronzing Palette

I love this new Chasing the Sun palette from JOAH all these highly pigmented eyeshadows, bronzers, and highlighter remind me of Summer. I mentioned this before, but did you know lack of Vitamin D and sunlight can add to depression symptoms? Get some fresh air and sunlight 🙂


You may remember that glowy makeup is one of my favorite types of makeup looks to create. I've seen JOAH inside a few local CVS's, but this is my first time trying the brand. I'm very impressed!


I've created a natural glowy makeup look. Since its so hot and humid here, I used JOAH Perfect Collection BB Creams and Blur-fection-setting-powder. I love how my skin has a natural all day glow when I used these two products together. The JOAH lip gloss really adds the perfect glossy lip to this makeup look.

Pamper yourself during your period


I'm one of these females that typically hates that time of the month. I feel moody, bloated, people tend to make me angry, and overall I rather be left alone and eat chocolate. Another fun fact...did you know that pms can make depression and anxiety worse during your period? During this time I try to get more rest. Just like on a day outside of PMS, I try do things that make me mentally happy.

Pamper Yourself 


Sunday I had a full facial skincare routine. My skin has been stressed due to allergies and probably stress so I used some of my favorite skincare and  pampering products reduce stress.

Stress Less


Last weekend I wasn't feeling that well and I felt like I had a million things to do. I started to feel overwhelmed so I took a nap. I needed to get groceries, but since I wasn't feeling well I ordered my groceries for delivery from Publix. Easy enough right?

Do a Wellness Check


I'm come a long way with my overall wellness. I've struggled so badly with anxiety and depression. I still have times that I struggle badly with anxiety and depression. You may not think reaching out to someone who is suffering from mental health issues won't matter, but it does. I also reached out to people that I know cared about me.  Talking doesn't always solve how you're feeling, but it can help take away some of those negative feelings and distress.


I wrote this post because I can only hope that it will help someone. To be honest, I wrote this post for myself as well. One of favorite quotes "In a world where you can be anything, be kind" You never know what someone is going through. I mentioned right now I'm in a funk.  I try to practice what I preach, I will be taking a hiatus on my blog. I guess you can call this a part time mental health break. I will post on Instagram, so make sure your following on there as well. I'm wishing you all love, health, and happiness. Talk with you all soon.

34 comments:

Miss Val's Creations said...

The kindness quote is so beautiful. I hope you continue to feel better Pilar. Pampering is such a great, simple mood lifter. Sunshine does wonders for my mood!

Anonymous said...

I hope you feel better soon.

Evi Erlinda said...

I hope you feel much better, Pilar.
Doing make up arts is one way to reduce anxiety.
Sunshine look so great.

Mica said...

I'm sorry your in a funk but it's good you know that this is natural and will pass, and that you have some tools and things to use to help get your spark and motivation again! I hope you have a happy blog break and come back refreshed and feeling better after prioritising your health - it's so important!

Hope you are having a nice weekend :)

Away From The Blue

Marie said...

Be gentle with yourself Pilar. It's okay that you're not fully yourself right now. Take time for yourself to feel better. I'm glad that you're acknowledging your feelings, and taking a break can be a good thing. That will give you time to yourself. Get some rest and feel better!

Pilar said...

Thank you

Pilar said...

Thank you

Pilar said...

Thank you

Pilar said...

Thank you

Pilar said...

Thank you

Tanza Erlambang said...

hope, everything goes well with you....

Happy weekend

Pilar said...

Thank you

Martyna said...

Very helpful advices. I hope you feel better:)

Pilar said...

Thank you

Mellie said...

Hope you feel better!! We all need to pamper ourselves from time to time. Treat yourself and relax a bit to de-stress.

Marianela Beauty Tips said...

Good post. Thanks for sharing your experience.
I hope you'll visit my blog soon. Have a nice day!

Pilar said...

Thank you

Pilar said...

Thank you

ALLIE NYC said...

I am sorry you are going through a funk I know the feeling 2020 was a rough year and still grieving my mom. But it will bet better have a day of pampering!

Allie of
www.allienyc.com

Pilar said...

Thank you. I hope that you are feeling better.

Kinga K. said...

You are right, it's so important ❤

Pilar said...

Thank you

Hena Tayeb said...

Such a very important subject. Great tips.

Pilar said...

Thank you

The world of a vet said...

Self care is really important! I like your make up!

The world of a vet
Instagram
Bloglovin'

Pilar said...

Thank you

awhite said...

Sending you good vibes, babe!

-Ashley
Le Stylo Rouge

Pilar said...

Thank you

Red Rose Alley said...

I'm sorry you're feeling down right now, Pilar. I hope you start to feel better. Yes, pamper yourself and do something special just for you. I LOVE honey-comb cereal! I've been getting a little Vitamin D myself working in the yard outside. You are wonderful, caring, and lovely in so many ways, Pilar. Please don't forget that.

~Sheri

Pilar said...

Thank you

Rowena @ rolala loves said...

Mental health is really important. I'm sorry that anxiety and depression has been a struggle for you Pilar. It's so brave of you to open up and raise awareness. I hope your mental health break helps you to feel better. Take good care <3

Pilar said...

Thank you

windowtothebeauty said...

Omg this palette looks mega cute 😍😍

Pilar said...

Thank you

Daylight Saving Time

 Hello Everyone! We may have lost an hour of sleep, but honestly I'm glad that the sun will be setting later. I need sunlight. Today was...