Thursday, March 5, 2015

Natural Beauty and Skincare Products ft. Spectrum Organic Coconut Oil (Refined) and Great Value Extra Virgin Olive Oil

Hello Everyone!


 
 
Disclaimer:
 My apologies for the missing pictures. My pictures were accidentally deleted off my blog. Please Refer to my Instagram account miss_pilar to view the pictures (or some of the pictures) that were deleted.  
 
 
Today I'm going to share with you how I incorporate coconut oil and extra virgin olive oil in my beauty and skincare routines.

Spectrum Organic Coconut Oil (Refined)


 


1. Pre Poo My Hair

Since I have frizzy hair that can become super dry, using coconut oil helps locks in moisture. See my pre poo process post HERE

2. Makeup Remover

Tired of buying makeup remover, or looking for a new makeup remover? You may find coconut oil is a good choice. Honestly this is the best makeup remover I've had so far. This coconut oil works even removes my most stubborn eye makeup and makeup in general.

3. Skin Moisturizer

Coconut oil works well with giving my skin the moisture it needs. When I apply this, it's usually after I've had my shower before bed. By morning my skin is so soft and smooth. (Don't worry your sheets won't be greasy from the coconut oil, just DON'T use a lot!)

4. Lip Moisturizer 

This Winter had been so cold! Alongside keeping my skin moisturized, I also take of my lips against this cold drying weather. Lately I've been using a dab of coconut oil on my lips, and it keeps my lips feeling soft and hydrated. Remember just don't use a lot of coconut oil when applying!

5. Nail Treatment

I was surprised that placing coconut oil on my cuticles would strengthen and make my nails grow. I'm very pleased with the results!

A few things about Spectrum Organic Coconut Oil (Refined)

- I purchased this jar from Walmart I 
  think the cost was around $7.00 or 
  $8.00

- Less is more. Seriously you don't have to use a lot of this coconut oil  unless you want a greasy mess lol.

- If you store this coconut oil in a cold
environment, it will become hard or  if it's stored in hot environment, the  
coconut oil will turn to liquid. Usually my  
coconut oil gets hard and will warm up 
when I use it. You can get the 
coconut oil back to either state: hard, 
semi soft, or liquid. (See package for storing)


 

Hard Coconut Oil 

 

Liquid Coconut Oil 


- Fragrance free, just make sure you purchase the REFINED coconut oil


Even though I use coconut oil, I also use Extra Virgin Olive Oil.

Great Value Extra Virgin Olive Oil 


 

1. Hair Treatment

 Olive oil is another ingredient I use in the pre 
 poo process

2. Nail Treatment 

I soak my nails in a bowl of warm olive oil for 15 to 20 minutes as needed.

3. Makeup Remover

I've only used this twice to remove my eye makeup, but it works well.

4. Olive Oil Bath

I've done this once since I started using olive oil and I liked how soft my skin felt after my bath. I added 4 tablespoons to my bath water


Bonus Usage:

5. Makeup Brush Cleaner

You can also use extra virgin olive oil, baby shampoo and/or dish detergent for washing your makeup brushes. I usually just use a dish detergent and baby shampoo mixture and rinse with water to keep my makeup brushes clean and soft. I hear that mixing extra virgin olive oil in the mixture will maintain softness. I haven't done this yet, but when I do, I'll let you all know my thoughts.


A few things about Great Value Extra Virgin Olive Oil 

- I purchased this bottle at Walmart for a little over  $3.00

- I keep this bottle in the pantry

- Just like coconut oil, a little extra virgin olive oil goes a long way. 


Stay Beautiful! Do you use coconut oil and extra virgin olive oil in your beauty and skincare regimens?


Thanks for stopping by my blog! 

19 comments:

  1. I love coconut and olive oil for hair and skin nice post doll.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've used coconut oil to remove my makeup before when I ran out of remover and it works really well!! I've also used it on my legs and hands after a shower and I've heard it works good for dry/cracked heals.
    I've heard about using the olive oil in brush cleansing too but haven't tried it yet either!! This is a great post Pilar, thanks for sharing! I've been hearing good stuff about avocado oil lately too!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Ashley! Isn't it great how coconut oil can remove makeup?! My skin isn't too dry except when the weather gets super cold, but using a little coconut oil does help provide moisture for skin. Oils are can be so essential for beauty and skin care! I'm going to look into avocado oil benefits. Thanks for sharing that info!

      Delete
  3. Confession time, I have yet to use coconut oil for anything. Eekk! Really should change that though, I've read so many benefits about it. Great post, Pilar! Sounds like I'll be using it for makeup remover soon, might even help my dry skin.

    Shireen | Reflection of Sanity

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Shireen! Since I've used products that contained coconut oil and olive oil I wanted to try both in a natural/organic state. I've been so pleased with the results! Both oils have kept my skin moisturized and prevented dry skin!

      Delete
  4. I love this post! Coconut oil is my favorite eye makeup remover. It's a wonder oil!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Lauren! I agree coconut oil is a wonder oil!

      Delete
  5. Great post dear :) Yes, I follow you on gfc #89, follow back?

    http://www.itsmetijana.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  6. I am amazed at all of the wonderful benefits of coconut oil! Gotta start using it! Thanks Pilar.
    http://www.averysweetblog.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Kim! I was surprised that coconut oil had so many benefits for hair, skin, and nails! It's one of my favorite beauty products!

      Delete
  7. Very informative post! Coconut and olive oil are so beneficial for beauty and health purposes! Great post!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great uses for everything!! I need a jar of coconut oil asap!

    ReplyDelete
  9. My hair is dry to. But when I use conditioner my hair gets to oily. I will have to try out the other uses though.

    ReplyDelete

Thanksgiving Inspired Makeup 2017

Hello Everyone! The holidays are practically here, and for a lot of us, this is a pretty busy time of year. I've been pretty busy m...