Thursday, December 10, 2015

Nicka K New York HD Concealer

Hello Everyone!



As promised, for today's post I wanted to review this Nicka K HD Concealer that I received in my Tombox last month to read that post CLICK HERE. I typically use my Fashion Fair Fast Finish Foundation stick for as concealer as well as a foundation. I've always thought it was great that I can use one product for two uses. I thought this would be a good product to review since I'm unfamiliar with the Nicka K HD Concealer and their products.



I thought it was interesting this foundation came with a brush attached the tube.


About the Product: HD CONCEALER

Instantly conceal and cover imperfections, blemishes, and dark circles with the Nicka K New York HD Concealer. Weightless, hydrating, yet pigment-rich, the formula boasts light diffusing technology that provides coverage that diffuses discoloration with a second-skin, soft-focus finish.

Instantly conceal and cover imperfections, blemishes, and dark circles with the Nicka K New York HD Concealer. Weightless, hydrating, yet pigment-rich, the formula boasts light diffusing technology that provides coverage that diffuses discoloration with a second-skin, soft-focus finish. Available in 12 High-Definition Shades. 0.51 fl oz Suitable for all Skin-Types & Skin-Tones.

15 ml/g | 0.51 fl oz

Cost: $4.99



HD Concealer in Coyote



I tried to take this picture the best I could to show the dark circles under my eye in the before picture and the full coverage concealer in the after picture



My Thoughts

This concealer has very good coverage for concealing my dark circles, and it's long lasting. I found this concealer very easy to apply on top of my foundation. I have to admit that I agree with majority of the claims. This concealer is lightweight and hydrating. I really like how natural looking this concealer looks on my skin tone. I think $4.99 is a reasonable price especially for all the benefits of this concealer. The only con is the scent. I noticed after wearing this concealer for a while I kept noticing a powdery perfume scent. So frustrating! I know I can be a tad picky when it comes to fragrances, but the scent is a turn off to me. I can even smell the scent on the outside of the tube! Even though the concealer came with a brush connected to the tube, I tried using my concealer brush as well. Let's just say I gsve my brush an immediate bath. My hope is that I can get use to the scent when I decide to wear this concealer.


You can find out more information about this concealer and other Nicka K products at http://www.nicka.com/ and https://www.facebook.com/NickaKNY


Have you tried any concealer from Nicka K? What is/are your favorite drugstore concealer(s)?



Thanks for stopping by my blog!








23 comments:

  1. I never heard of this concealer until now great review I need to get my hands on one.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I was unfamiliar with this brand too until I recieved it as a makeup product in my Tombox last month.

      Delete
  2. I've never heard of this brand before but I'm glad you like it aside from the scent! I had a foundation that smelled super floral before and it was so gross, so I get what you are saying! Your under eye area looks a lot brighter with this one too! Great review Pilar! I'll have to keep an eye out for this. I agree that the brush at the end of the tube is s little strange but for that good price tag, I could look past it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! It's a good concealer, I just wish it didn't have that powdery floral scent. The brush actually works though! I used it under one of my eyes, but I think I'll be using my concealer brush since I like my brush better! The pros definitely outweigh the cons so I'm going to try to look past the scent!

      Delete
  3. I've never heard of this brand before I read your post. This sounds like a good concealer except for the floral scent. Great review!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! This is a decent concealer. I think it's worth trying!

      Delete
  4. Wow! This concealer seems really amazing! xx
    Rivania | The Glam Unicorn

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I like this concealer so far, just not the scent!

      Delete
  5. I have terrible dark circles, so I'm always on the lookout for a good concealer. Thanks for the review!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're welcome! This concealer works great for dark circles!

      Delete
  6. Thanks for letting us know about the scent!! I was pretty sold with your review but I cannot stand powder perfumey things so I will have to pass! You saved me some $!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're welcome! It's so disappointing that this concealer has a powdery floral scent! I'm trying to stick it out, but I can even smell the scent outside the concealer tube!

      Delete
  7. It sounds amazing except for the scent! I don't know why companies put scent in makeup and facial products. It's a real turn off.
    http://www.averysweetblog.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I wish companies would leave stop making scented makeup products! I agree it's a turn off!

      Delete
  8. I got this concealer and i cant seem to open it. I kept squeezing but no product comes out on the brush. Do i have to remove a cap or something? Help!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The only thing that is removed when you open the Concealer is the cap when you unscrew the top. Once you unscrew the top you push the Concealer and it should appear in the brush once you start applying it. If that doesn't work, I'm thinking you may have a defected concealer. I hope this helps!

      Delete
    2. The only thing that is removed when you open the Concealer is the cap when you unscrew the top. Once you unscrew the top you push the Concealer and it should appear in the brush once you start applying it. If that doesn't work, I'm thinking you may have a defected concealer. I hope this helps!

      Delete
    3. Thanks for the help! I guess I need to exchange my purchase :(

      Delete

Welcome to the New Beauty and More by Pilar

Hello Everyone! Notice anything different? I've been m.i.a. for about a week because I was working on redesigning and updating my b...