Sunday, October 8, 2017

Pilar in the Pantry: Homemade Apple Pie

Hello Everyone!


Today's post is all about Homemade Apple Pie. Is it just me or is apple pie a pie that is welcome at most gatherings that include food? I haven't made a homemade apple pie in so long! Since it's Fall I thought this would be a good time to bake a pie...even though this pie is a year round treat!


There are various ways you can make homemade apple pie. I have two family recipes that I use. For this pie I made a stove top apple gel filling for the pie.


Fresh out of the oven


Delicious


Apple Pie before adding the ice cream.


I usually share recipes that are originally mine, but this is a family recipe. For my next post I'll be sharing a recipe! What's your favorite pie?


October 2017 Post

My Life in September 2017


September 2017 Posts

My Life in August 2017

Patiently Waiting for Fall

Derma E Essentials Radiance Toner and Illuminating Rosehip & Cranberry Face Oil

Being Prepared

Palmer's Goodies

Welcome to the New Beauty and More by Pilar

Happy Birthday Albie!!

Projects with Pilar: Crochet Hats



Thanks for stopping by my blog!

22 comments:

Midnight Cowgirl said...

That pie looks delicious! I went apple picking this week, so an apple pie is in order :)

Unknown said...

This looks yummy! I know this can be a year round pie like you said, but I definitely think Fall time is the best time for it!

Red Rose Alley said...

Pilar, your homemade apple pie looks amazing. And you baked it at the perfect time - Fall! Apple goodies always remind me of Fall. That's wonderful that you cook and bake so much. To answer your question....I'd have to say blueberry pie is my favorite, but I love pumpkin too!

Have a great week ahead.

~Sheri

Marie said...

Youre apple pie looks delicious Pilar! Fall is a perfect season for apple pie!

Jackie Harrison said...

Well done looks absolutely delicious which I could have a slice now with my coffee.

Beauty Unearthly said...

Lovely post dear! Have a great week! xx

Anonymous said...

Looks good!

Rowena @ rolala loves said...

This looks so comforting and delicious Pilar! How nice that it is a family recipe! I'm a fan of savory pies like chicken pot pie myself :) Happy new week!

Paola Lauretano said...

The final result sounds delicious!
Love, Paola.
Expressyourself

Pam said...

Yummy...looks great.

Pilar said...

Thanks! I really want to go apple picking! I hear it's fun! I went apple picking in the produce section at Publix lol! Enjoy your pie!

Pilar said...

Thanks Ashley! Fall is so perfect for Apple Pie! I'm thinking about adding this pie to the dessert menu for Thanksgiving!

Pilar said...

Thanks Sheri! I love to cook and bake! I look forward that the holidays are coming up so I can do some baking and cooking for others as well! I'm not a fan of anything pumpkin lol, but I haven't had a blueberry pie in a long time! Enjoy your week!

Pilar said...

Thanks Marie, and yes it is!

Pilar said...

Thanks Jackie! This pie would go great with coffee!

Pilar said...

Thanks! You have a great as well!

Pilar said...

Thanks!

Pilar said...

Thanks Rowena! I love using family recipes! This is one of two of my mom's apple pie recipes. It's funny you should mention chicken pot pie because I have a recipe for that dish in my next post! Have a great week!

Pilar said...

Thanks Paola!

Pilar said...

Thanks Pam!

Kristen Alpert said...

That apple pie looks good. I live the apple
Pie filling. I could eat a whole bowl of just that. I love fall foods. Especially the pies, soups and stews.

Pilar said...

Thanks Kristen! My mom loved the apple pie! She was saying I should make for Thanksgiving lol. Fall foods are the best! I haven't stew in a long time!

Daylight Saving Time

 Hello Everyone! We may have lost an hour of sleep, but honestly I'm glad that the sun will be setting later. I need sunlight. Today was...