Monday, March 25, 2024

How to Survive a 12.5 Hour Shift

 Hello Everyone!

I'm no stranger to working long hours, but when it comes to working a 12.5 hour shift. I must admit I'm a newbie lol. I've done 10.5 hours but never 12.5.

Get Rest

I cant stress this enough! Please get rest and enough sleep. Working 12 hours is exhausting enough now imagine working that long without proper rest. You can become cranky irritated, and likely won't have a good day at work.

Eat Well

I feel like I shouldn't be speaking on this much since I'm bad for skipping meals due to being busy at work.

Check in on your mental health

12 hour shifts can be emotionally exhausting, overwhelming, and demanding. I try my best to check in on how I'm feeling. I work with the public all day,  which in itself can be exhausting. Have you noticed the entitlement of people?! That's a tooic for another blog post lol. My therapist had me do a homework assignment. Write down my negative thoughts or things others say to me and then we'll process those feelings about it. I must admit it does help. 

Disconnect from Work when not Working

Once I clock, I leave work at work unless its something I have to get done for my job. My job takes up most of my day, and during my off days I want to focus solely on me or other things I need to get done. After a long shift the first thing I want to do when I get home is taking a relaxing shower.

Engage in Self Care


I was so happy to receive these Pacifica skincare items to add to my skincare routine. 


6 comments:

Red Rose Alley said...

Oh Pilar, a twelve and a half hour shift is a loooong one. Getting lots of rest and eating good will help, but I do hope that you don't have another one of these long shifts. I chuckled when you mentioned the "entitlement" thing. I hear ya, my friend. The gift you received was such a nice one.

Happy Easter to you, dear Pilar.

~Sheri

Vix said...

I don't envy you those shifts, Pilar! I used to regularly do 16 hours shifts, the stress nearly killed me.
Look after yourself and enjoy those gifts! xxx

Marie said...

12.5 hours! Oh my! Please get plenty of rest especially on your days off and engage in self care! It sounds like you have a pretty solid routine to get through those shifts!

Anonymous said...

Take care! Happy Easter!

R's Rue said...

Please get rest and eat well. Hope you had a great Easter.
www.rsrue.blogspot.com

midorilinea said...

Such good tips for working a 12 hour shift! Totally agree taking a shower in the evening is so relaxing! Those products look amazing and must be so nice to relax with, hope you have an amazing Spring!

xoxo, Midori

https://www.midorilinea.com/blogs/midori-linea/my-daughters-turns-one-photoshoot

How to Survive a 12.5 Hour Shift

 Hello Everyone! I'm no stranger to working long hours, but when it comes to working a 12.5 hour shift. I must admit I'm a newbie lo...