Friday, November 1, 2013

Why I Started My Blog

Hello Everyone!

I hope everyone had a nice Halloween! I wanted to take some time out to tell my followers/readers why I decided to blog. I actually wanted to start a blog while I was in college, but I never found the time to do so. Even after graduating college in May 2010, I still didn't have the time. Well now that I found more time, I figured it would be a good time to start blogging so that's exactly what I did in July 2013.

At first I had no clue of what to call my blog lol. Seriously I really had to think about. I came up with Beauty and More by Pilar :) because I love all things related to beauty. The "and more" part is focused on all my other interests. I usually jot down my ideas for posts in this cute little journal book to keep organized. Since I don't always keep my laptop in front of me or sometimes I just don't feel like typing at the moment, I write down a rough draft of my posts in a spiral notebook and type it up at a later time.  I do these things so I won't forget my ideas.


As you may have noticed my interests can vary from social and health issues, fashion, and crocheting. (I'm hoping to share some of my food dishes in upcoming posts) I like to keep things versatile. As I mentioned I love before beauty topics are my most favorite. In the spirit of getting back to wearing making again (thank goodness the humidity is trying to taper off…let's hope it stays that way!) stay tuned for FOTD posts…they're also coming) Lately I have been focused on social and health issues such as domestic violence and Breast Cancer. They are two issues that greatly affect society and awareness is very important. Well those are a few reasons why I started my blog. What inspired you to start your blog?

Pilar    


Thanks for stopping by! I love reading your comments and checking out blogs! If you like my blog and want to keep up with me, follow me on GFC!                  

18 comments:

Amelie said...

I love that your blog is very versatile and that you write about a lot of different topics. I also like to write my ideas that I have for a blog post in a notebook. Definitely can't wait to see your FOTD posts!

Have a great weekend!

allthingsglitterandbeauty

Jackie Harrison said...

Its good to talk about awareness, Smart t way to keep your inspiration and thoughts in a notebook. Keep in touch.
http://tifi11.blogspot.com

Pilar said...

Thanks! I find the notebook and journal are good ways to keep organized.I can't until I post my FOTD too! It's coming!

Liz Outh said...

Thank you so much love for sharing this! I'm looking forward to more beauty posts from you! However, I canNOT forget about your crocheting posts! I enjoy seeing every piece of artwork you create!

So happy you took up blogging and I am so happy we found each other and connected! You're an amazing lady! xoxo

Pilar said...

Thanks! I plan on posting more awareness to various social and health issues in the future.

Unknown said...

I would love to see food and recipe dishes from you on here! Before I started my makeup blog I considered doing a blog on food and recipes!

Pilar said...

Aww that is so sweet of you Liz! You're quite amazing yourself! I'm glad that we came across each other's blog too! I think the blogging community is a great way to share a persons interests and advice etc. with others.

In speaking of beauty posts, I haven't posted about beauty in a while! I be posting some beauty related topics and hauls next week! I've been working on some crocheting projects, thats why I haven't been posting much this past week. I can't wait to show you all :) and thank you so much for the kind words about my crocheting!

Pilar said...

That would be awesome if you decide to add food and recipes on your blog! I love this time year especially since the holiday season is coming up! I love making holiday themed dishes and desserts. I going to try post some pictures of my dishes. Cooking and baking is fun to me in general :)

Unknown said...

I love cooking and baking too and I'm also excited for all the holiday stuff to make!!

Lily (Beauty With Lily) said...

I love how you have so many things on your blog, makes it unique! Keep it up girl!!

xoxo, Lily

Pilar said...

You have a good weekend too!

Pilar said...

Thanks Lily!

Nicole said...

I'm excited for your food posts too! I love to cook! And fotds!

Anonymous said...

Love your post ! you are awesome girl !
www.ambifashion.com

Pilar said...

Thanks Nicole! I can't wait to share these upcoming posts with you all!

Pilar said...

Thanks for the comment and for stopping by my blog!

Kristen said...

i love the fact that your blog has different topics because you connect with a lot of people of various topics. I love your blog because I you make so I can't wait to see what new thing you will post about. keep up the good work and I will be waiting for your next post.

Pilar said...

Thanks Kristen! I'm glad that my blog is able to connect with people through my various topics!

Daylight Saving Time

 Hello Everyone! We may have lost an hour of sleep, but honestly I'm glad that the sun will be setting later. I need sunlight. Today was...