My apologies for the missing pictures. My pictures were accidentally deleted off my blog. Please Refer to my Instagram account miss_pilar to view the pictures (or some of the pictures) that were deleted.
Disclaimer: This is a sponsored post by Cetaphil. All opinions are my own.
Today I have a product review for you. Cetaphil sent me this DermaControl Oil Moisturizer with Sunscreen Broad Spectrum SPF 30 to test out.
About the Product and Claims
Cetaphil DermaControl Oil Control Moisturizer SPF 30 is clinically proven to manage oily and acne-prone skin. It soothes sensitivities like redness or dryness caused by using some acne treatments and controls shine while protecting and moisturizing skin.
- Specially formulated for oily and acne-prone skin to relieve dryness and soften skin
- May help soothe the drying effects of some prescription acne treatments
- 3-in-1 formula to help control oil and shine, hydrate and provide broad spectrum UVA/UVB protection
- Contains Oleosome technology™ which uses a lower concentration of sunscreen filters for less irritation and greater hydration
- Micropearl technology absorbs surface oil, helps reduce shine and gives skin a matte finish
- Lightweight, non-greasy, absorbs quickly
- Recommend by the Skin Cancer Foundation
- Works well alone or under makeup
- Non-comedogenic, oil-free and fragrance-free
- Clinically tested for tolerability with acne medications
- Dermatologist recommended
Very moisturizing! I like using this moisturizer on my face before going to bed. It applies smoothly, moisturizers well, and lasts long after application. If I wear this moisturizer during the day, my face is protected since it has SPF 30 protection which is always beneficial. Even though this product is supposed to be fragrance free I noticed that I had a slight sunscreen scent when I applied it on my face. I also noticed that it stated in the claims section this moisturizer is supposed to be non-greasy. Well...in my opinion it depends on how much you use. It felt a little greasy on my face, but it doesn't take a lot of the product to get full coverage. Even though this moisturizer felt a little greasy, I did try it try it under my makeup a few times. Since this moisturizer has a matte finish, I think it worked well after I applied my makeup. My makeup applied smoothly and face didn't look shiny. I can see myself continuing to use this moisturizer from time to time before I apply my makeup. Like I mentioned earlier, I think it all depends on how much you apply on your face that makes the difference on your face feeling greasy and or looking shiny.
Overall, I think this is a good moisturizer. For me, this moisturizer controls acne more than it controls oil. When I had a few acne bumps, this moisturizer cleared it right up. I would purchase this product in the future especially since it's good for multiple uses that I listed throughout the post.
Thanks for stopping by my blog!