Wednesday, April 22, 2015

BH Cosmetics 28 Color Smokey Eye Palette and BH Cosmetics 28 Color Neutral Eye Palette Review

Hello Everyone! 
 
 
Disclaimer:
 My apologies for the missing pictures. My pictures were accidentally deleted off my blog. Please Refer to my Instagram account miss_pilar to view the pictures (or some of the pictures) that were deleted.  
 


 

Today I have two palette reviews from BH Cosmetics.


1. BH Cosmetics 28 Color Smokey Eye Palette

 

 

Pros
- Variety of colors
- Variety of finishes that vary from matte, shimmer, and glitter
- Darker shades are very pigmented 
- Budget friendly 
- Larger eyeshadows
- Clear top to see eyeshadows
- Most colors blend well
- Small amount of fallout 

Cons
- Lightest colors lack pigmentation 
- Not good for travel

 

Swatches 

 

Throwback Blue Smokey Eye FOTD 



2. BH Cosmetics 28 Color Neutral Eyeshadow Palette


 

 

Pros
- Blends ok
- Variety of neutral shades, hence the name
- Budget friendly (this was palette was free during a holiday BOGO Sale)
- Larger eyeshadows 
- Clear top to see eyeshadows 

Cons
- Lack of pigmentation in many shadows 
- Eyeshadows fades quickly
- Not travel friendly 
- Not good quality


 

Swatches 

 

Another Throwback FOTD 


My Thoughts 

Even though I like both makeup looks I created, the 28 Color Smokey Eye Palette is the better palette hands down. The shadows are really pigmented (except a few light shades), and I've created a few smokey eye looks with it  (I've only had both palettes since December). I really love using this smokey eye palette and I definitely recommend this palette. 

As for the 28 Color Neutral Eyeshadow Palette...two words NOT GOOD! This was such a let down. The shadows may swatch nicely, but they fade very quickly. Don't be fooled! I really like the colors, but they lack pigmentation. The only way I get a decent color pay off is when I use my NYX white eyeshadow base (and that's only when with the pigmented eyeshadows). I'll probably use this palette from time to time. At least on the bright side my 28 Neutral Eyeshadow Palette was free.


 


I marked the shadows that I find are more pigmented.


Do you own either of these palettes? What are your thoughts? 



Thanks for stopping by my blog! 

14 comments:

Jackie Harrison said...

BH has great cosmetic for reasonable price nice tutorial.

Kelsey&Kenecha said...

I love all these colors! I do not own these though but I think I would like them x

Florals&Smiles
Twitter

Unknown said...

the colors in the smokeu palette are gorgeous!! Too bad about the neutral one though! I get sad about palettes like that because they look so promising haha! Great review Pilar, love both the makeup looks you did!

willsingformakeup said...

I don't have either of these palettes, but the Smokey Eye Palette looks like it has better color selection. Some in the neutral palette look very similar.

A Very Sweet Blog said...

That's why I'm always scared to buy big palettes like this. HaHaHa I'm glad it was free Pilar. You created some lovely looks, but if they don't last what a hassle.
http://www.averysweetblog.com/

Marie said...

I though I was the only one who thought the Neutral Eye Palette had bad quality lol. I would like to try the smokey eye palette. Love both the makeup looks!

Pilar said...

Thanks!

Pilar said...

Thanks ladies!

Pilar said...

Thanks! It's kinda funny because I was looking forward to using the Neutral Eye Palette more so than the Smokey Eye Palette! I really wanted a palette from BH Cosmetics that was strictly neutral, so I was rather disappointed. I really like the Smokey Eye Palette so that's a plus!

Pilar said...

Yes! I agree the colors are very similar in the neutral eye palette. The smokey eye palette has better quality and color selection.

Pilar said...

Thanks! Sometime larger palettes and palettes in general can be a hit or a miss. Sadly the neutral palette was a miss. So far the neutral eye palette is the only palette I have that isn't good quality.

Pilar said...

Thanks! You're not alone, I think the same thing about the neutral eye palette!

Kristen Alpert said...

Love the picks. Love smoky eyes. You have the best luck at finding great eye-shadows.

Pilar said...

Thanks!

Daylight Saving Time

 Hello Everyone! We may have lost an hour of sleep, but honestly I'm glad that the sun will be setting later. I need sunlight. Today was...