Today I have a yummy food post recipe to share with you for homemade french toast sticks. I remember when I was little waking up on some weekends to the smell of cinnamon goodness filling the house. Oh what memories!
* Before we get started I was going to make 4 to 5 regular pieces of French toast, but I decided to make 27 sticks instead. You can freeze what's left over and just put them in the microwave. So if you only want to make 4 pieces of regular french toast, reduce the ingredients.
*This is a recipe for 27 french toast sticks
- 3 eggs
- 3 teaspoon Pure Vanilla Extract
- 1 1/2 teaspoon Ground Cinnamon
- 3/4 cup milk: I used evaporated milk, but any milk you choose should be fine
- 9 slices bread cut into 3 slices per bread
- Butter for frying your french toast sticks
3 teaspoons of Pure Vanilla Extract
1/2 teaspoon of cinnamon or 1/2 teaspoon × 3
3/4 cup of Milk or 1/4 cup × 3
9 slices of bread
Coat your bread into mixture, don't let your bread get over Ltd soggy
Warm butter into your pan on medium heat
Your bread should look this when you flip it over. This is NOT ready to be taken out the pan. I just wanted to include a picture of what it looks like while frying.
Now take your french toast out of the pan
And place on a paper towel covered plate
Finished Product :)
You can add syrup, powdered sugar or however you choose to eat them.
Last Saturday's breakfast that I made. Yum! :)
As I stated you don't have to make this many french toast sticks or you can make whole pieces of French toast, just reduce the measurements. I made this many so I can wrap and freeze them I can just put them in microwave when I'm readt to eat them. If you have any questions about reducing the measurements let me know in the comments section!
Bon Appétit everyone! Let me know if you give this recipe a try!
Did you check out my My Life in October 2016 post? You can view that HERE
Thanks for stopping by my blog!