Wednesday, November 9, 2022

November Fall Days

 Hello Everyone!

Fall has been here for a while, but honestly we're just starting to see a little more Fall weather in South Carolina. Its been hot and humid the past few days, but the Fall weather is back or at least for now.

It's something about November Fall Days that are more special to me than any other time during Fall. This is the time of year that I like to cook and bake especially from scratch. I'm not just talking about Thanksgiving foods, I'm taking about food in general. I made a pot pie yesterday, but everyone ate a piece before I could take any photos lol!

Since this morning was cool again I decided to make myself a bowl of cheese grits and bacon. One thing about living in the South, we love grits!


Even though this is last month of hurricane season, we're supposed to have another one coming our way. Hurricane Nicole. Hopefully it won't be that bad. If this hurricane is anything like the one back in September, I think we're supposed to get a lot of rain again. 


I mentioned that the weather is cool again so I'll probably put these crocheted leg warmers next week. I'm glad it's getting cool again because it got so hot and humid last week I turned on my air! You can view my Handmade Pink Crocheted Leg Warmers HERE.



14 comments:

Anonymous said...

Nice post!

Red Rose Alley said...

You make the best pot pies, Pilar. And do you know that I've never had Grits before? I've always wondered what they taste like. I hope you don't get any damage from the hurricane that is expected to come your way. I'm glad you're getting rain, that's always a good thing. Love those pink leg warmers. I was just telling my son that I need to get new socks! It's so cold here lately.

Have a good November week, Pilar.

~Sheri

Anonymous said...

Love fall it such a beautiful change in the south. Be bless and safe from Tropical Hurricanes Nicole.

Anonymous said...

It’s Jackie Harrison don’t know why is anonymous

Marie said...

Happy Fall Days Pilar! Your intro picture is beautiful! I

Rowena @ rolala loves said...

We're also finally getting some autumn weather in the northeast after some unseasonably warm weather and it looks like hurricane Nicole is bringing us some rain later today. Stay warm and cozy and enjoy the rest of your fall Pilar!

Anonymous said...

I love grits. Have a great day
www.rsrue.blogspot.com

Pilar said...

Thanks!

Pilar said...

Thanks Sheri! The pot pie was pretty good! I can't remember the last time I made one up until now lol! Apparently it was missed because the pie went so fast. Everyone enjoyed a piece. You should try grits. It's one of my favorite breakfast foods! Thankfully it hasn't been that bad mostly rain and thunderstorms last night. Have a great weekend!

Pilar said...

Thanks Jackie!

Pilar said...

I don't know what's been going on with blogger lately. I leave message through chrome.

Pilar said...

Thanks Marie!

Pilar said...

Thanks Rowena! You stay safe ans warm as well!

Pilar said...

Thanks Rue! Have a great weekend!

How to Survive a 12.5 Hour Shift

 Hello Everyone! I'm no stranger to working long hours, but when it comes to working a 12.5 hour shift. I must admit I'm a newbie lo...