Tuesday, May 6, 2014

Blogging Writer's Block   

Hello Everyone!

 


Have you ever had case of writers block? I know there have been times I stare at a blank screen or a sheet of paper and ask myself "What should I write about today?" Here are a few tips I use to help with blogging writer's block.  

1. Discuss Topics Outside of Your Blog's Focus

I know some people apologize on their blog because they decide to write about other topics outside their intended focus. Why are you apologizing or feeling guilty?!?!?!!! It's YOUR BLOG!! You can write and discuss any topic you want :) In my opinion about various topics gives a blog a more personal touch.

2. With That Being Said…What Topics Interest You The Most? Write About Them!

3. Keep a Topics Journal

By keeping a journal, you can jot down ideas for your upcoming posts, so you won't forget them.

4. Take a Break

Are you in constant blogging overdrive? If so, you may need to take a break little break from blogging. I feel blogging is no fun if I force myself to post or feel rushed. I like to let blogging come naturally. Taking a break doesn't mean you're not dedicated to your blog, but I think we all need a break sometime or another.

5. Don't Get Discouraged

Most likely you'll get ideas you can write about, just give yourself some time :)  

Those are just a few of my tips for blogging writer's block. How do you overcome blogging writer's block or writer's block in general?

Pilar

Thanks for reading! Follow me on GFC and Bloglovin!

14 comments:

Unknown said...

I keep a blog journal too where I wrote down any ideas I have for a blog post too! That way if I don't know what to write about I can go back and see what my ideas are.
I also plan and take a lot of pictures ahead of time so if I feel in a rut, I already have something to blog about!

Jackie Harrison said...

These are great tips doll. I keep a calendar and work on ahead two weeks crazy I feel is easy for me since I have a crazy schedule. Thanks for these helpful tips.
http://tifi11.blogspot.com

A Very Sweet Blog said...

I know I have.My best ideas have come when I'm relaxed and then I jot them down. Great post.
http://www.averysweetblog.com/

Pilar said...

I usually write my post and take pictures ahead of time too, unless I'm busy. I like to have something to blog about too! lol

Pilar said...

Thank you! I try to keep a schedule for posting, but sometimes I get off track. That's why some weeks I post back to back especially if haven't blogged in a while.

Pilar said...

Thank you! When I'm relaxed I find I come up with more idea's I want to write about.

myloveformake-up.blogspot.ie said...

It's a great idea to have a journal. I must get one. Since I got back to my blog and I am reading other people's blogs to I getting ideas on what to write about. Like certain topics so that I wouldn't be coping some ones else idea if a post .

Anonymous said...

Nice tips! I haven't started my blog yet, but these tips will help when I come across writers block. Thank you for sharing your tips!

Pilar said...

I also use a notebook for when i don't feel like typing at that moment and a small journal book for all my ideas. My small journal is very helpful with remembering my ideas!

Pilar said...

Thank you and you're welcome!

willsingformakeup said...

This is such great advice! I haven't experienced writer's block with my blog, but I do feel like I'm in blog overdrive sometimes. Number 4 hits true to home! Great post. xoxo Lauren

Pilar said...

Thank you! I've been doing good with not experiencing writers block the past few months. I think I mainly had writers block last summer when I first started blogging. I like to take breaks, but I don't abandon my blog lol I usually try to keep a few pre blog posts incase I'm going to be busy so I'll have something on my blog.

Kristen said...

Great advice that I will keep in mind when I start my own blog. I have had writers block when I have been writing or writing papers in school. It sucks. because you try to think of something to write about but nothing comes to you it is more frustrating then anything. but the next time I have writers block I will keep your advice in mind.

Pilar said...

Thank you! Writer's block can be the worst! lol I hope you find my tips helpful if you come across writer's block.

Daylight Saving Time

 Hello Everyone! We may have lost an hour of sleep, but honestly I'm glad that the sun will be setting later. I need sunlight. Today was...