Saturday, December 3, 2016

Reflections: My Year in Review 2016/ Almost 31 Years Old

Hello Everyone!


It's that time of year again that I write my reflection for the year along with my feelings about turning the next age. You may notice that I'm doing this post earlier in December rather than the middle of December as I have done in the past few years.


Refelctions: My Year in Review 2016

What a year this has been for me... I mean that in a good and in a bad way. I moved back in July which was good. You may remember that not too long ago, I just got back on blogger from taking a two month hiatus. Part of that hiatus was do to getting settled in, but If I'm being honest here this year hasn't been the best for me. I've had numerous events in my life that have sent me into a state of depression or a state of crippling anxiety. I know that we have still have to get through December, but I'm still optimistic that the past doesn't define the future. For all the things that I've gone through in my personal life that weren't so pleasant or beyond my control I know that things do get better and some things have gotten better I remember the end of last year I asked God to show me who or what was supposed to be in my life. If I'm speaking in a religious point of view, I truly think God showed me my answer. (I'm not pushing any of my religious beliefs about God etc. on anyone). I've gotten rid of so many toxic people out of my life. I realized not everyone that either leaves your life or people that you no longer want a part of  your life is a loss. I look at it as a gain actually. You ever notice that most toxic people only create drama and cause chaos?

I know this  time of year can also be hard for those who have ended a relationship, ended things someone you've dated or talked just didn't work out etc. I know all to know all to well about that, but when you feel sad or lonely ask yourself this...do I really want those complications etc. back in my back? I find that being by yourself gives you time to reflect and possibly to find yourself again. I rather be alone than to be with a man who isn't right for me or doesnt share some of my values, dreams, beliefs, love, and respect me. People can be very draining, if you let them. Life is too short and beautiful to drained by toxic people. I feel like that you should strive to be around people that add to your live in a positive way.

Almost 31 Years Old

Even though this year hasn't been the best for me, I'm still grateful for the good and that bad I've gone through. Life truly can be the best teacher you'll ever have. I turned 30 last Christmas ( for those that don't know, I'm a Christmas baby :) and I observed that I've changed in so many ways. I was told by so many people that I'll have a different perspective in my 30's than I did I  my 20's. So very true! I do have a different perspective about life. I don't always know the journey life will take me, but all I can do is keep pushing forward and look optimistically into my future.


Happy Holidays and Happy Birthday to my fellow December babies!! :)


Thanks for stopping by my blog!

22 comments:

Jackie Harrison said...

Great advice and view always look at the positive and get rid of the toxic you were have a better life ahead we learn from our experience but God it's always the one I trust and show me the way we never alone and we always love by him. My mom its a Christmas Baby December Rocks!!!

Naturalle Drea said...

Great reflection. I've had to learn about being patient the hard way and to just to let the path chosen happen the way it is supposed to be.

Rowena @ rolala loves said...

I'm sorry to hear about the hardships you've had to endure this year Pilar but good for you for standing string and turning them into lessons. Yes sometime we may not realize at the time but when certain people are no longer in our circles, it may actually be a blessing.

The Joy of Home with Martha Ellen said...

Pilar, it sounds like you have done much soul searching regarding the direction of your life. You are wise to follow your heart. I truly believe we know in our hearts what is right for us.
My daughter was born on Christmas Day as well. I hope it is a wonderful one for you! ♥

Doctor Anne said...

I am sorry to hear that you had so many trying times last year, and I genuinely hope that next year will be easier and give you some time to breath.

Linda, Libra, Loca: Beauty, Baby and Backpacking

Marie said...

Is it could just be me, but 2016 seemed like a trying year for a lot of people. The one thing about bad and trying times is that they don't last forever. I think it's great that you still focused on the positive things that occurred in your life rather than to let all the negativity overshadow the good times. This is truly an inspiring reflection and hang in there, next year could be your best year!

Susie said...

Pilar, You seem so wise...beyond your 30 years. I have always said ,better alone and a bit lonely at times, than miserable with someone. You are right every person isn't always meant to stay in our lives...but they help mold us. I can not and will not deal with drama, so I truly understand your feelings there. I want to wish you a very Happy Birthday and aren't you sharing it with the best. :):) Blessings to you strong one, xoxo, Susie

Red Rose Alley said...

Pilar, lovely words about living in a positive way. I know what you mean, dear. People can be very draining at times. Wishing you wonderful days leading up to Christmas and your birthday!

~Sheri

Midnight Cowgirl said...

Happy early birthday and welcome to the 31 club!

Unknown said...

This is a great post! I'm glad you guys are settled into your new home and hopefully new beginnings will start for you next year! I'm so glad to see optimistic and posive views in this post, everything happens for a reason and sometimes we just have to get through all the bad and be patient until amazing things happen!

Pilar said...

Thanks Jackie! I try to remain positive and optimistic. I agree God will always show me the way throughout my life. God's love is truly special. Happy early birthday to your mom!

Pilar said...

Thanks Drea! I agree, and things usually work out for the best!

Pilar said...

Thanks Rowena! It's been a rough year, but I don't look at it as a totally disaster, more life lessons that showed me my strength. I could have said it better some people that leave your life is actually a blessing.

Elle Sees said...

This year was so tough. Not my fave either. Sharing your story is a def comfort to let other know they aren't alone.

Pilar said...

Thanks Martha! I have done a lot of soul searching this year. I feel that I will eventually end where I'm supposed to be in my life. Happy Birthday to your daughter!

Pilar said...

Thanks Linda! I'm hoping next year will be easier and less stressful as well!

Pilar said...

Thanks Marie! I have noticed people talk about this year not being all that great. You're right bad things don't last forever. It's all about how you go about handling your situations. I tried not to let the negative things overshadow the positive things in my life this year.

Pilar said...

Thanks Susie! That's so true, my mom has said that too about some people come in our lives to mold us. Drama can be so draining. I promised myself that I'm not tolerating any negative drama or negative people anymore. I truly feel blessed that my birthday is on Christmas! Blessings to you as well!

Pilar said...

Thanks Sheri! I wish you and your family a wonderful holiday season!

Pilar said...

Thanks! Counting down the days until I turn 31 lol

Pilar said...

Thanks Ashley! I'm looking towards the future that something wonderful is waiting for me. You're right everything happens for a reason.

Pilar said...

Thanks Elle! That's one reason why I wrote this post to let others know there not alone and things will work out like there supposed too.

Daylight Saving Time

 Hello Everyone! We may have lost an hour of sleep, but honestly I'm glad that the sun will be setting later. I need sunlight. Today was...