Monday, August 21, 2017

Solar Eclipse: August 21, 2017

Hello Everyone!


Random picture from my balcony a few hours after the Solar Eclipse and rain


Today's post was unplanned, but I wanted to write a quick post about the Solar Eclipse that took place today.

As many of you may already I know, I live in South Carolina and we were able to view 100% totality of the solar eclipse. This was such a major event that it was reported South Carolina had over 500,000 vistors to witness this amazing event.

I watched it live on TV, but nonetheless it was a beautiful sight to see. (There were issues with some of the solar eclipse glasses not being safe so I skipped it and watched it on TV.  I wasn't going to risk my vision) As I was sitting in the living room it became totally dark and then the sky began to become light again.


I can't really explain it, but I agree with so many people that were commenting that it felt like a calming spiritual moment during the eclipse. I know that I didn't technically go outside, but even if I had I don't think I would've taken a picture. This was one of the moments I truly wanted to enjoy the beauty nature even if I did view it on TV.


Wishing everyone a wonderful week :)


August 2017 Posts

Thanks for stopping by my blog!






24 comments:

Jackie Harrison said...

I was outside took a piccof what I saw on my binoculars and it was very peaceful.

Kristen Alpert said...

I watched it on tv too. Wish I was back in South Carolina so I could have seen it in person. But I do agree about the glasses. Miss you friend. Tried texting you. Hope you are good. Hope to here from you.

Unknown said...

That's so amazing that you guys got to witness the full eclipse in SC! I would have loved to seen it get compelety dark outside. I'm so excited we got to witness an eclipse since I never saw one before. The energy was crazy, but your right that it was also calming. It didn't get dark here, but it did look kind of muddy/greenish outside followed by a yellow/orange kind of like after it storms!

Beauty Unearthly said...

Interesting post dear!

Marie said...

The solar eclispe was amazing! Beautiful written post Pilar!

Unknown said...

Your so lucky that you got to witness this special event.
Simera |Beautetude

Naturalle Drea said...

I wasn't in a good area for the eclipse but enjoyed everyone's pictures lol!

Anonymous said...

Nice!

Red Rose Alley said...

Oh, you got some pictures a few hours, that's awesome! I didn't look up at the skies, but I did go out early in the morning, and saw the strange weather turning darker. It never got that dark here in California. What a sight that must have been to see it get totally dark where you live in So. Carolina. I'm glad we got to experience history together, Pilar. : )

~Sheri

Rowena @ rolala loves said...

I also didn't''t want to risk my eyes so I viewed the eclipse online. It's very cool that you got 100% totality in SC :)

Shireen L. Platt said...

Agree! I watched it online because I didn't want to take the risk at all. There were sop many people who watched it outside though, it's crazy!

Shireen⎜Reflection of Sanity

Paola Lauretano said...

Wow, such a cool event!
Kisses, Paola.
Expressyourself

Pilar said...

I agree, it was peaceful!

Pilar said...

I think you would've been amazed if you saw it in person. If you were down here I could see you going outside to see the eclispe. I'm all late lol, but I was having issues with my phone. I wasn't getting most of my incoming texts. I miss you too friend! You should come for a visit sometime!

Pilar said...

It felt kinda eerie when it suddenly got completely dark outside, during the elcispe it was so beautiful. I didn't go outside, but it was beautiful nonetheless when I saw it on live on TV!

Pilar said...

Thanks!

Pilar said...

Thanks!

Pilar said...

I know! It was such a special event!

Pilar said...

South Carolina was the last state in the eclispe's path, and to see it 100% totality was amazing! There were so many beautiful pictures taken by others!

Pilar said...

Thanks!

Pilar said...

There were so many people that visited SC to see the eclipse! It was truly worth it! This was so exciting to get to experience history together! This is something that will be probably talked about for years!

Pilar said...

That was my main concern since some of the glasses weren't safe. I didn't want to risk my vision since I already wear glasses, so I looked at it on tv.

Pilar said...

When I heard SC was expecting over 500, 000 visitors were coming to see the eclispe I was like this is going to be a very historic event!

Pilar said...

It was!

Daylight Saving Time

 Hello Everyone! We may have lost an hour of sleep, but honestly I'm glad that the sun will be setting later. I need sunlight. Today was...