Tuesday, December 19, 2017

Hot Cocoa by the Christmas Tree

Hello Everyone!


Christmas/my Birthday is almost here! I probably won't be posting again next week, but I wanted to share a few more of my christmas memories :) I've really enjoyed sharing my holiday memories and traditions on my blog this holiday season.


Instant Hot Cocoa :) If you would like the recipe to my homemade Hot Chocolate Recipe CLICK HERE


Picture taken on National Hot Cocoa Day 
December 13, 2017

Hot Cocoa is my favorite hot drink during the colder months especially during the holidays.  I love having a cup of hot cocoa while looking at the Christmas tree. It's so peaceful. In speaking of lights, I used to love riding around town when I was a child to look at the Christmas lights in neighborhoods. I still love doing that :)


Another picture from National Hot Cocoa Day

My love for hot cocoa started when I was a little girl, During the holidays hot cocoa was always a staple in my house. I used to love when my mom would make me a cup of hot cocoa especially when she made it homemade with extra marshamallows!


As I sip my hot cocoa and look at the Christmas tree, I reflect on past Christmases. I think of some of my favorite holiday traditions over the years and I look forward to share those traditions with my own family someday.


I look at some the gifts under the tree and I feel one of the greatest gifts of all is to share with others. I said it once and I'll say it again, sharing is caring. I thank God for everything.


A few early birthday candles :)

As I prepare to share upcoming my birthday/Christmas with loved ones and friends, I want to take a moment to wish everyone that celebrates the holiday Merry Christmas and those who don't celebrate, have a happy holiday season :)
I will be posting again on December 26th or December 27th, but I plan on reading, responding, and commenting on blogs.

Pilar in the Pantry: Homemade Hot Chocolate


December 2017 Posts

Christmas Tree Decorations 2017

Grooming Products by Clio

Come Along with Me: Christmas at Yankee Candle

Candy Cane Lane

Christmas Cookies

Reflections 2017/Almost 32 Years Old 

Bakery Scented Candles ft. Yankee Candles

Christmas Related Posts

Projects with Pilar: Christmas Decor DIY's



Thanks for stopping by my blog!

36 comments:

nerline said...

This cup of hot cocoa looks so good. Happy early birthday. I hope to see you on Instagram on that day. Thanks for sharing your Christmas memories with us. I love your tree!

Pilar said...

Thanks Nerline! I plan on posting on Instagram on my birthday/Christmas:) You're welcome! I enjoyed reflecting and sharing Christmas memories!

LoveT. said...

Looks really cozy! The Pics are gorgeous. :)

kisses

Jackie Harrison said...

Great to reflect and thank god for everything we have especially health Happy Birthday.

Marie said...

That cocoa looks so good! Thank you for sharing your Christmas memories and Christmas posts this holiday season. I hope you have a wonderful birthday and Merry Christmas!

Pilar said...

Thanks T!

Pilar said...

Thanks Jackie! I always thank God!

Pilar said...

Thanks, and you're welcome Marie! Merry Christmas!

Elena M said...

Great post! You have a nice blog!

Would you like to follow each other? Follow me and I'll follow you back!

Have a great day!

http://elenabienvenido.blogspot.com.es/

Pilar said...

Thanks!

Susie said...

Pilar, Emma, my granddaughter usually sets up a cocoa bar at her house for Christmas. This year I have been having half cocoa and coffee for a treat. I liked the memory f your mom making you a cup of cocoa with marshmallows. I want to wish you Merry Christmas and a Happy Birthday. I hope you get all the love and joy you want. Blessings, xoxo, Susie

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday!

Pam said...

I love hot choc by the tree or not! haha....Your tree looks so pretty Pilar.

Paola Lauretano said...

Sounds delicious, great atmosphere!
Kisses, Paola.

Expressyourself

Pilar said...

I'm noticing that cocoa bars are popular! My mama makes the best cocoa with marshmallows! Thank you Susie for the birthday wishes! Merry Christmas!

Pilar said...

Thanks Pam!

Pilar said...

Thanks Paola!

Red Rose Alley said...

That hot cocoa sure looks good. Such a cute picture of you with your feet up enjoying the Christmas tree. We have a neighborhood in my town that has the most grand lights and decorations, and every year we take a drive through the neighborhood.

Merry Christmas, Pilar! It was so nice getting to know you better this year. You're a special person, and wishing you a Happy Birthday too!

~Sheri

Rowena @ rolala loves said...

Enjoying hot cocoa by your Christmas tree sounds positively cozy! Happy Holidays and Happy Birthday to you Pilar! Have fun celebrating :D

Pilar said...

Thanks Sheri! You are always too kind :) I love displays of Christmas lights! I'm sure the lights are beautiful!

Merry Christmas to you and your family! I know this Christmas will be special for your family with the addition of baby Francesca! It was nice getting to know you better this year too!

Pilar said...

Thanks Rowena! Happy Holidays:)

Adriana Leandro said...

This hot cocoa looks so delicious. Happy birthday and Christmas.
Kisses!

galerafashion.com

Pilar said...

Thanks Adriana! Merry Christmas!

Kristen Alpert said...

Happy early birthday. Love hot cocoa. Can't wait for your next post.

Pilar said...

Thanks Kristen! Merry Christmas to you and your family!

Kelsey&Kenecha said...

I love hot cocoa at Christmas too!
Btw, the tree looks beautiful :)

Merry Christmas!

Florals&Smiles

R.ChamberofBeauty said...

I love to make this hot cocoa in winter. I’m wishing you lots of love, peace and joy this Christmas and all the best in the New Year! Kisses <3
New post- http://www.rakhshanda-chamberofbeauty.com/2017/12/christmas-my-childhood-calcutta-ootd.html

Doctor Anne said...

I hope you had a wonderful Christmas/birthday. We spend the day with the family with lots of laughter and way too much food. No hot cocoa though, but I think I can make up for that tomorrow!

Anne - Linda, Libra, Loca

María Pilar Bernal Maya said...

I love that plan!!
kss
=)
New post up! Lifestyle Blog

Pilar said...

Thanks! I hope you had a nice Christmas!

Pilar said...

Thanks R! I hope you had a nice Christmas and I wish you all the best in the new year as well!

Pilar said...

Thanks Anne! I had a wonderful birthday! It sounds like you had a great Christmas! I'll probably get a cup of hot cocoa sometime this week since it's supposed to cold outside!

Pilar said...

Thanks Pilar!

Sonya Kendall said...

Happy Belated Birthday!!! I hope you had a great Birthday/Christmas. I loved hot chocolate with lots of marshmallows too when I was a kid. I love seeing Christmas decorations and your tree is beautiful!!!

Pilar said...

Thanks Sonya! I had a wonderful birthday surrounded by loved ones and filled with fun! I loved putting the tree up this year, and I felt sad taking it down today lol!

Pilar said...

Thanks!

Daylight Saving Time

 Hello Everyone! We may have lost an hour of sleep, but honestly I'm glad that the sun will be setting later. I need sunlight. Today was...