Monday, January 15, 2018

Dry Skincare Routine: Body Edition

Hello Everyone!


Happy MLK Day! Today I wanted to follow up my Dry Skincare Routine Face Edition with a post for my dry skincare routine for my body care. Side Note: This skincare routine is also good to use to prevent and maintain moisturized skin. 

Exfoliation!



Even though the weather is colder, that's not an excuse to neglect exfoliating lol. I try to exfoliate my skin with a loofah and a body scrub at least twice a week. I noticed exfoliating on a regular basis actually helps with preventing dry skin.

Body Butter




There's nothing better than a good body butter to get soft mositurized skin. I love that most body butters are thick in texture. I like to use body butters at night.

Body Creams


If I'm not using a body butter, I'll use a body cream. These are also thick in texture and help provide moisturized skin. BABW Magic in the Air and Honolulu Sun are two of my favorite body creams.

Eczema Relief


I've stated on my blog that I have issues with slight eczema on my elbows. It's not that bad, but I do keep my elbows moisturized. Dryness is the only issues I have with eczema. Hydration is key. Cocoa butter usually helps with hydration.



Soft Feet




I keep my feet soft by using a foot file, cocoa butter, and socks. It's simple as that. When I take my bath or shower at night I'll file my feet, and use a generous amount of cocoa butter, and put on a pair of socks. I don't really like to sleep with socks on, but sometimes I'll wear socks to bed and my feet feel so soft in the morning.

Also check out my post from last month for more dry skin products that I'm currently using.

Derma E Hydrating Cleanser and Hydrating Night Cream 


January 2018 Posts


32 comments:

María Pilar Bernal Maya said...

I've never tried those products but they seems so good
have a nice week
kss
New post up in my Lifestyle Blog !

The Joy of Home with Martha Ellen said...

Winter is so hard our skin. I'm always putting lotion and creams to hydrate. Drinking water helps as well, though not as pleasant on a cold day. ♥

Unknown said...

My skin has been so dry this winter, more that it usually is! Thanks for sharing your routine, Pilar!

Jackie Harrison said...

Great item to keep skin in shape.

nerline said...

I don't like to sleep with socks either, but I love using Vaseline and put my socks on before going to bed. Great post, dear. Thanks for sharing.

Marie said...

These are great tips Pilar! I've been getting better about exfoilating my skin. It does make a difference!

Adriana Leandro said...

Great products to skincare.
Kisses!

galerafashion.com

Bely Fashion said...

Hi dear!
Interesting products. I didn't try them. :)
Maybe follow for follow?
https://belyfashionadress.blogspot.ba/?m=1

Anonymous said...

Nice products!

Pam said...

You are a girl, haha...I used to worry with all that sort of stuff when I was younger also. But my biggest thing was Vaseline lotion, should have owned stock in that. Do all my routine in the shower these days, although, soap never touches my face. I mix my lotion these days to keep from being dry. I use a cheaper lotion and add oils to it....and I have some pretty rocking skin....I make life as simple as I can. Enjoy your snow.

Sophie ❤︎ said...

I started using the Palmers Body Lotion and I just love the scent! It's also not too sticky so that's good. That PINK body butter looks lovely though! Will be checking that one out.

-Sophie xx
Cherries & Perfume 

PhotosbyCris Travel Fashion Lifestyle said...

These products look awesome, I know some of them and they are quite affordable. Thanks for sharing it. xoxo Cris
http://photosbycris.blogspot.com.au/2018/01/the-castle-on-tamborine-mountain-my.html

Наталья Белогловская said...

Interesting post!

Rowena @ rolala loves said...

I agree that exfoliating is important especially during the colder months as a way to prevent dry skin. I swear by dry brushing followed by detox baths filled with salts and oils. I don't like wearing socks to bed either but soft feet makes it worth it :)

Gingi said...

Great routine! I need this for my feet! - http://www.domesticgeekgirl.com

Pilar said...

These are pretty good products, and same to you!

Pilar said...

That's so true! I only notice dry skin if the weather is extremely cold! I'm always drinking water, so that's a good thing!

Pilar said...

You're welcome! If you try any of these products, I hope they help!

Pilar said...

I agree!

Pilar said...

Thanks!

Pilar said...

Thanks!

Pilar said...

Thanks, and you're welcome! Vaseline is good to use as well to maintain hydrated skin!

Pilar said...

Thanks!

Pilar said...

Thanks!

Pilar said...

It didn't even snow lol. More like snow flurries that didn't stick. I usually stick with certain brands that work well for my skin. I love my skincare products! I've gotten into using more oils for skin within the past few years.

Pilar said...

Palmer's is a good brand. I'm so glad the company released more skincare products over the years. The PINK Body Butter is good too. It's no longer available in the jar, but it does come in a large bottle with a pump.

Pilar said...

Thanks, and you're welcome! I love that these products are affordable!

Pilar said...

Thanks!

Pilar said...

I started exfoilating during the Winter a few years ago and I noticed my skin didn't feel dry. I haven't tried a detox bath yet, but I heard they work well too. I will tolerate wearing socks to bed because your right it makes my feet feel soft!

Pilar said...

Thanks!

Kristen Alpert said...

Winter is horrible on your skin. But I have to agree cocoa butter is good to use and again gold bond is good too. Exfoliating and then creaming helps to prevent cracking of the skin especially your heels and hands. Can't wait for winter to be over.

Pilar said...

I'm over Winter lol! It's been so cold throughout this month! It may get extremely hot here in the Summer, but I promised myself I won't complain about the heat this year! Cocoa Butter has been great with keeping my skin moisturized this Winter!

Daylight Saving Time

 Hello Everyone! We may have lost an hour of sleep, but honestly I'm glad that the sun will be setting later. I need sunlight. Today was...