Tuesday, July 9, 2024

Where Have I Been?!

 Hello Everyone!

Surprised to see another post from me?! I didn't mean to take a three month hiatus, but once life happens. Working 12.5 hour shifts and everything else in between can be a little challenging to get everything done.

Back in April My landlord decided to sell the rental property last minute so I ended up moving. To be honest, I was ready for a change. I didn't like that I had limited time to move and working 12.5 shifts just to come home to pack, but thank God everything worked out for the best.







I moved into my new apartment during early May. I still haven't set everything up or unpacked everything and I've been living here for almost two months.

Fast forward to June, as you can imagine I was exhausted emotionally and physically. By the end of June I had a pulmonologist appointment and she wanted me to take a few days off. Going against doctors orders I ended up going back to work a day early due to feeling pressure from my job.




Well not 48 hours later I was in the ER. Guess what came back?!..Sepsis (3rd time) and pneumonia again, and a small blood clot in my lung. There was no doubt I was being admitted in the hospital's critical care unit. 


One year ago on July 4th 2023, I posted the most difficult post about losing my mom. A year later it still hurts. I don't think you ever get over losing your mom, but learn to adapt to life without them. She may no longer be here physically, but she's always here with me in my heart. She loved the 4th of July, so as I continue to recover from my recent hospital stay. I will celebrate and cherish the wonderful memories we shared. 💛

Lately my personal and work life have been stressful, but in moments I feel unsure, worried, and doubtful, I have to remember God is in control. Despite a few setbacks and challenges I'm still blessed. I have a couple of follow up doctor appointments this week, so per doctors orders I'm going to continue to get rest so that I can get better.

9 comments:

Ivana Split said...

I'm so sorry to hear you were hospitalized.
Sometimes the pressure to get back to work is heavy indeed.
I've made that mistake myself- of not taking the time to fully recover.
Let me know if I can help in some way.
I hope you'll feel better soon. Take care.
I see life has been busy for you.
Moves can be very stressful even when they are for the best.
Do take care of yourself!

Vix said...

You poor thing, you've really been through it, haven't you? Sending you lots of love and get well wishes. xxx

Anonymous said...

Blessings and healing to you Pilar!

Pam said...

OH my gosh, you have had your hands full, physically and emotionlly but I hope you are well on the mend now. Working those hours when you are having issues healing could be a lot of the reason why you are having issues healing. I understand though, nine weeks with UTIs to find out that I have another stone. Can't seem to heal myself either...here is hoping that are both on the way to getting better.

Marie said...

Pilar sending you hugs and healing. Please don't let your job stress you and get the rest you need. Working 12 hours is a lot on anyone. Congrats on the move! That was inconsiderate of your landlord to give you short notice. I'm glad everything worked out. I'm glad to see and update and continue to feel better!

Red Rose Alley said...

I'm glad to hear you moved again and like your surroundings. That's important when we find a new place to live. I'm so sorry you went through all that, Pilar. Your mom would love that 4th of July meal you prepared. And I'm sure you missed her terribly on this day, as it was a favorite of hers. That candle is pretty, and I love seeing all the candle you buy for your home. I'm a candle lover too.

Have a wonderful Summer, Pilar, and try to stay cool during these warm days. It's in the 100's here this week, but supposed to go down after that.

~Sheri

Rowena @ rolala loves said...

Oh Pilar, I'm so sorry to hear that you ended up in the hospital again. I hope you are doing better now. Definitely listen to your doctors and rest up if you can. There is no greater gift than your health and wellbeing. My husband and I never stopped wearing masks whenever we leave home and have changed our lifestyles because covid never went away and we have avoided getting sick since 2020. Enjoy your new apartment, take it easy with work and take good care of yourself sweetie.

ALLIE NYC said...

Oh wow this sounds intense. I work 10.5 hour shift with 1.5 hour commute in each direction so I feel you. Moving is stressful and exhausting. So sorry you are ill I wish you a speedy recovery.

Allie of
www.allienyc.com

R's Rue said...

Sending you hugs and prayers.
www.rsrue.blogspot.com

Victoria's Secret PINK 20th Anniversary Limited Edition Collection

 Hello Everyone! Today I have a nostalgic post. Victoria's Secret PINK is celebrating its 20th anniversary.  I remember going to mall wi...