Wednesday, July 17, 2024

Meal Prep: Chocolate Chip Overnight Oats

 Hello Everyone!

Before I start this post I want to thank everyone for their kind words on my last post. I truly appreciate it. Since I'm going back to work next week from medical leave, I thought it would be a good idea to start on some meal prep/meal prep ideas.

I've been wanting to make overnight oats for a long time and I finally got around to doing so. I was glad they turned out pretty tasty.

1 Cup Old Fashion Oats

1/2 Cup Milk of your choice

1 Tbsp Honey

1 Tsp Pure Vanilla Extract 

1/4 Cup Semi Sweet Chocolate Chips 

Place in a jar with a lid. I use a 16 ounce Mason jar. Let Chill in the fridge overnight. I usually let my overnight oats set for at least 8 hours. I eat mine with 3 days. Some people choose 5 days, but to each its own.

Since I work 12 hours shifts I tweaked the recipe so I can eat this throughout the day

1 1/2 Cup of Old Fashioned Oats

1 Cup of Milk of your choice

1 TBSP Honey 

1 TSP Vanilla Extract 

1/4Cup Semi Sweet Chocolate Chips

As I mentioned I'm new to making overnight oats, but so far I can see me making this for breakfast, snacks etc. I like that the overnight oats are filling and a quick go. I'll probably try blueberries next time.

What are your favorite go to overnight oats?


6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yum!

Ivana Split said...

I love a good meal prep idea! These overnight oats look tasty.

Pam said...

It's that daily planning that helps to make our life easier at times. Good for you and best of luck going back to work.

Marie said...

This looks delicious! I love oatmeal, but I've never tried overnight oats. I'm going to try this recipe!

Rowena @ rolala loves said...

Meal prepping breakfast is a great way to save time in the morning. I don't eat oats anymore because they are too high in carbs but I used to enjoy savory steel cut oats with eggs, spinach and soy sauce.Now that I practice intermittent fasting, I only eat breakfast on mornings when I lift weights.

Ivana Split said...

Hi Pilar. How are you doing? Have you managed to get some rest? I know you're back to work so try to take care of yourself.

Victoria's Secret PINK 20th Anniversary Limited Edition Collection

 Hello Everyone! Today I have a nostalgic post. Victoria's Secret PINK is celebrating its 20th anniversary.  I remember going to mall wi...