Today I have another Pilar in the Pantry food post. I made Pillsbury Cinnamon Rolls with Homemade Cream Cheese Frosting for last night for Sunday's dessert. I started to use the frosting that is provided in the package, but I wanted to give the Cinnamon Rolls a homemade touch. This homemade frosting is a pretty simple to make and the frosting is sweet, but not overly sugary. These Cinnamon Rolls are good for breakfast, a snack or dessert.
You'll Need :
- 1 can of Pillsbury Cinnamon Rolls
- 4 oz (1 stick) of margarine or butter (softened)
- 4 oz Cream Cheese (half a bar) (softened)
- 3 cups powdered sugar (add if 1 more cup if you want the frosting to be sweeter)
- 1 teaspoon of vanilla extract
- Large bowl
- Measuring cups
- Electric mixer
* Follow baking directions on Pillsbury Cinnamon Rolls can. Remove and let cool completely.
* While your cinnamon rolls are baking, start prepping for your cream cheese frosting.
1. In a large bowl, beat together the butter and cream cheese with an electric mixer.
2. Set the mixer on low speed, add the powdered sugar. Add one cup at a time until smooth and creamy.
3. Beat in the vanilla extract on low speed.
4. All done :)
5. After the Cinnamon Rolls are cooled completely, frost. Store any leftover frosting and Cinnamon Rolls in the Refrigerator. I had enough frosting left over for a second package of cinnamon rolls. Enjoy!
* Also, this week on my blog is dedicated to recipe, DIY, and a tutorial so stayed tuned!
Thanks for stopping by my blog!
Those cinnamon buns look delicious!
These look so yummy! x
The Belle Narrative
These look and sound amazing Pilar! I make cinnamon rolls all the time so I will have to try out this frosting
Thanks! I haven't made homemade cinnamon rolls in a long time, so I used the one's from Pillsbury lol. I just had to make homemade icing though! Let me know how your frosting turns out if you decide to make it!
Those look delicious Pilar!! I love cream cheese frosting!! That sounds way better than the packaged kind it comes with! I'm excited to see what other posts you have planned for this week!
Thanks! I love cream cheese frosting too! I like cream cheese in general, it goes so well with so many types of foods! I can't wait to share some of the things I've been working on!
Looks very delicious I wish I could have one now with my coffee.
Thanks! I was thinking about getting a cinnamon roll for breakfast!
I love cinnamon rolls and I love cream cheese frosting Pilar! Never knew how to make the frosting by myself, so thanks for posting this!
You're welcome! The frosting is so easy to make and it's pretty good too!
My husband loves cinnamon buns and if I make him this, he'll probably die and go to heaven. LOL!
Shireen | Reflection of Sanity
Lol! I think that the homemade frosting gives them a better taste!
This looks so good! The frosting looks so easy. I'll have to try this.
Thanks! The frosting is so easy to make! I hope you like the frosting if you make it!
Looks very tasty!
Post a Comment