Today I have a Girl Talk post for you discussing the pros and cons of Tampons and Pads. Every girl and woman is faced with the decision to choose tampons, pads, or switching between both products (unless you use other sources of sanitary protection during your period such as cloth pads, menstrual cups etc.)
- Comfortable to wear
- Not Visible
- Large variety of tampons to choose from
- Easy to store in your purse etc.
- Flushable in the toilet
- Cleaner than using a pad (less mess)
- Swim friendly
- Can feel uncomfortable to insert, especially if you're a beginner
- Not recommended to wear during sleeping at night
- Choosing the right absorbency for body can be difficult
- Not Eco-friendly
- Not a natural product for your body
- Possible leaks, especially if you get the wrong absorbency or don't change it in time
- Risk of Toxic Shock Syndrome if left inside too long Read about TSS @ http://tampax.com/en-us/tips-and-advice/period-health/toxic-shock-syndrome
- Easy to change
- Usually less expensive than pads
- Large variety to of pads to choose from
- No risk of TSS (Toxic Shock Syndrome)
- Depending on the pad, can be comfortable to wear
- Some pads come with wings which helps the pad stay in place
- Depending on the kind you get, they can be bulky and take up space
- Uncomfortable to wear during exercising
- You can't wear a pad when you go swimming
- Not Flushable
- Have a tendency to show through certain types of pants depending on the type of pad your wearing
- Depending on the type of pad you're wearing, you may feel like your wearing a diaper
- Possible leaks
Personally I prefer tampons, but sometimes I rather wear pads. I switch between using both. Even though TSS is rare, but it has always been a concern for me. So ladies please be careful when using tampons! For me I find the Tampax Pearl Tampons the best choice. They're easy to insert and comfortable to wear. I usually get the 50 count variety pack that comes with light, regular, and super tampons. As for pads I usually get either U by Kotex Overnight Ultra Thin or Always Infinity Overnight. I hate those jumbo pads because I hate the whole diaper feeling, so I wear ultra thin pads. I get the overnight kind to have extra protection from leaks. If you're worried about possible leaks, or just want extra protection I also highly recommend trying the Always Infinty Pads. These pads are made from foam and in my opinion it's a very good brand (and these pads are thin). I haven't had any issues since I started using them.
Ladies do you prefer to use Tampons or Pads? This is NOT a sponsored post, but I wanted to mention if you're looking for a montly subscription that caters to your period, please check out Tomboxes!
Here my links to the past review
Thanks forstopping by my blog!