Monday, May 25, 2020

The Unofficial Start of Summer

Hello Everyone!


I hope everyone's Monday is off to a great start! I don't have that many plans for Memorial Day today. I'll probably make homemade hamburgers later, but that's about it. Since Memorial Day is the unofficial start of Summer, today I wanted to share a few of my favorite things.  


Since South Carolina has eased restrictions, Lake Murray has been crowded so I didn't get to take any new pictures of the lake. Here is a photo I took a few months right before sunset.


Urban Decay Born to Run Palette 


Travel may not be possible right now, but I can always be on the go with Urban Decay's Born to Run palette. When this Palette was released I knew it was going to be something special just by the packaging. The beautiful shadows in this palette are perfect for any time during the year.


I live in sandals during the Summer. I usually try to wear sandals that aren't so flat since some flat sandals can be bad for your feet.


Before I wear sandals I usually have a pedicure. I always do at home pedicures with my Zoya Nail Polish and supplies.


I've been trying to go walking a few times a week.  I really don't like going for walks during the Summer since it's so hot and humid (even if it's early), but the Vitamin D and exercise is good for me so I make it a priority. Don't forget to use sunscreen!


Hot and humid days require cold treats! You probably have noticed my obsession with Outshine Fruit Bars. These popsicles are so good and they're made with real fruit. The vanilla ice cream isn't the healthiest treat, but it sure tastes delicious!


These decor items are from last year's Spring Decor Items from Target's Bullseye Playground. I went with this theme for Spring 2020 and I'll probably use these items for Summer as well.


In speaking of Target, it's still one of my favorite stores even though I don't go to Target very often since the pandemic began. Now I go to Target to find basic essentials.


On Memorial Day, let us never forget those who made the ultimate sacrifice for our freedom. Thank You for your service.

16 comments:

Mellie said...

Happy Summer! :)

Anonymous said...

Nice!

ALLIE NYC said...

I am not doing much either I think this should be a day to remember those who died fighting. That palette looks so fun and love the lemons! I popped in Target but did not see anything I wanted. So sad that both Pier 1 and World Market are closing.

Allie of
www.allienyc.com

Pilar said...

Thanks! Summer is almost here :)

Pilar said...

Thanks!

Pilar said...

I agree. I always remember those who died fighting. Memorial Day is such an important day.

UD's Born to Run Palette is one of my favorite UD Palettes! I was so happy I found these lemons last year at Target. I haven't been to Target that much since the pandemic began. I'm just glad I can find some home and other essentials when I'm in Target. I knew about Pier 1 closing, but I had no idea World Market was closing too!

The Dainty Dolls House said...

The view across the water is so stunning, I really loved that!! I hope you had a wonderful Memorial Day x

Marie said...

The lake photo is gorgeous! I haven't been to Target in about two months! I miss going there! It looks like you had a nice Memorial Day!

Jackie Harrison said...

So many goodies and great view image, love the sandals

windowtothebeauty said...

This bars are really cool🥝🍊🍉Great summers must-haves!!:**

Pilar said...

Lake Murray is beautiful during the day, but I love to drive across the dam at night. I agree the view is stunning! Have a wonderful week!

Pilar said...

Lake Murray is so beautiful! I've been to Target 3 times since the pandemic started for essentials. Have a great week!

Pilar said...

Thanks Jackie!

Pilar said...

Thanks!

Red Rose Alley said...

The photo of Lake Murray is beautiful. I hope you get to visit there soon. You know, I saw a commercial about the Outshine fruit bars and thought of you cause I know how much you enjoy them. I'm really curious now and must try them. ; )

~Sheri

Pilar said...

Thanks Sheri! The view at Lake Murray is so pretty. You should give the Outshine Fruit Bars a try! My favorites are the Lemon and Lime Fruit Bars!

Daylight Saving Time

 Hello Everyone! We may have lost an hour of sleep, but honestly I'm glad that the sun will be setting later. I need sunlight. Today was...