Saturday, November 14, 2020

Thankful Thoughts for Turning 35

 Hello Everyone!

Today I wanted to share my annual thankful post. Not only am I sharing my thankful post I'm also going to be sharing my thought about my upcoming 35th birthday next month. This is probably going to be a long post.


The new normal?!

I know this has been a trying year for a lot of people. The pandemic happened and the world seemed to be shaken to it's core. For anyone going through any kind of hardship please know that it  does get better. You may remember last year I was going through several different obstacles and my mental health was a total blur. Despite how bad I felt mentally, I continued to talk to God and prayed. I continued to take my medication for depression and anxiety.  I also held on to the believe that things get better. I made a promise to myself last December that no matter what happened this year I won't be in the same place mentally, emotionally, or physically next year. I'm proud of myself that I kept that promise. 

I'm always thankful no matter what I'm going through in life good or bad. I believe that even though we may not always understand some of the things that happen in life it must be for a purpose. I have so much I'm thankful for this year.  I moved to a new city (I'm still in South Carolina). Honestly I think the change of scenery was for the better. I feel more at peace. All the events that are going on in the world, I'm thankful for having basic life necessities. I celebrated my 7th Blogiversary in July. I still can't believe I've been blogging for 7 years. I'm still not quite where I want to be with my social media, but it's one of my goals I work on consistently. Over the past 7 years I feel that I've grown so much with creating my original content. I'm also grateful for the companies that have worked with me over the years. 

As a smaller influencer that's growing my brand and audience, it means a lot to me that companies see my hard work ethic and potential. I'm still working on my career as a Freelance MUA. My work schedule has been a little crazy due to the pandemic, but I'm still focused on my career goals as a freelance mua nonetheless. 

2020 isn't over yet, but so far my year hasn't been all that bad. This was truly my year for growth, healing, and focus. I'm trying to keep myself safe and healthy during this covid pandemic. 

I remember back in 2015, I was freaking out before I turned 30. I look back and think how much I've grown since then. I'll be 35 this Christmas and I embrace turning older. I still want to get married one day and have children. I don't rush having a husband or kids, when the time is right, the time will be right. I'm so glad that more women are normalizing having kids in their 30's and even in their 40's. You have to live your life and do what's best for you. I'm wiser and I don't look at some things the way I did 5 years ago. Sure I've setbacks along the way, but all the things I've gone through good and bad have made me who I am today. 


I always mention in my inspirational based posts that my religious belief are my own, but as we near the holiday season and the end of the year I pray for the world. I pray for those who seek peace and happiness. I pray you have a wonderful ending to this year, and look forward to a bight and prosperous future.  


22 comments:

Lisa said...

I’m glad to see your doing better it keeping it together during the most challenging year ever!!!
Good luck with your freelance MUA. You will do great!
Lisa

Red Rose Alley said...

Oh Pilar, I will always remember that you were born on Christmas Day because it's such a special and wonderful day. You're right, women are having children in their 30's and even 40's today. Nel was in her late 30's when she had Mia. It's a bit different than having them at 21, like I did. I didn't celebrate my 21st birthday like most of my friends did cause I was breastfeeding Nel! I had to grow up very quickly. Always keep that beautiful smile and positive attitude, Pilar. You look so lovely in the collage photos.

~Sheri

Anonymous said...

Great post!

Martyna said...

Very interesting post:) Have a nice day:)

The Exclusive Beauty Diary said...

I enjoy reading your grateful words and I'm happy to see that you growing your blog and audience. Happy Birthday in advance.

New Post - https://www.exclusivebeautydiary.com/2020/11/ysl-black-opium-eau-de-parfum.html

Rowena @ rolala loves said...

This has been a trying year for sure. You're right that being thankful no matter what we are going through does help to put things into perspective.

Marie said...

This year has been challenging. I'm glad that you were able to keep positive and remain optimistic! There is always something to be thankful for in life.

Paola Lauretano said...

Happy Birthday in advance beautiful girl and good luck with your freelance!
Kisses, Paola.

Expressyourself


My Instagram

Marianela Beauty Tips said...

Wonderful post. Thanks for sharing.
I hope you'll visit my blog soon. Have a nice day!

Ivana Split said...

Happy birthday in advance! You are a wonderful young lady & soul. I really enjoyed your recollections and your positive outlook on 2020. This was and still is a difficult year globally but by taking proper care of our mental and physical health we can make things a bit easier for ourselves and thus help others as well. So far, this year hasn't been too bad for me either, despite everything that happened. I can understand how you feel because I'm also 35. Having kids is something I always wanted, even when I was much younger, I felt that I was mature enough to be a mother. I've been trying to get pregnant for a quite a few years now and so far it hasn't happened. I used to feel depressed about it but now I don't anymore. Sometimes I guess we just have to trust God's timing.

Dasynka said...

Keep doing so, your positivity is contagious, we can go through this challenging year and win.
Happy Birthday by the way!
xx Dasynka
http://dasynka.com

Pilar said...

Thank you! I'm already doing freelance mua work :)

Pilar said...

Thank you for all of your kind words ?Sheri! My mom had me 2 weeks before her 21st birthday. I want children, but like I said I'm glad more women are normalizing having children in their 30's and even 40's like you mentioned.

Pilar said...

Thanks!

Pilar said...

Thanks! Have a great week!

Pilar said...

Thank you for all your kind words and birthday wishes!

Pilar said...

I think having a positive outlook keeps things into perspective. I'm thankful and try my best to stay positive

Pilar said...

It's hard to stay positive sometimes, but I try to look at the good more than the bad. Very true, there's always something to be thankful for in life.

Pilar said...

Thank you for the kind words and birthday wishes! I've been working as a freelance mua for a while and I love it!

Pilar said...

Thanks Marianela! Have a great week!

Pilar said...

Thank you so much! You are such a kind soul Ivana! I focused a lot on my mental health and self care this year. You're right this has been a difficult year globally. I'm glad this wasn't a hard year for you. I agree everything is in God's timing. Throughout the years I've grown to understand that more.

Pilar said...

Thank you for your kind words, and birthday wishes!

Daylight Saving Time

 Hello Everyone! We may have lost an hour of sleep, but honestly I'm glad that the sun will be setting later. I need sunlight. Today was...