Thursday, October 28, 2021

10 things I do before 10 am

 Hello Everyone!

Today I wanted to share 10 things I like to do before 10 am. This list isn't always in order, but I find these things help me have a more productive day and to stay focused. 

1. Pray

When I wake up I usually say a prayer for the day. I Doing this helps put me in a good headspace. After I say my prayers in the morning depending on the time I'll stay in bed for a little while and then I'll get up and start my morning.

2. Open the curtains

Rain or shine, my curtain will be opened lol. Since I have depression, light seems to help my symptoms. It's something beautiful about opening the curtains on a sunny morning.

3. Get a cold bottle of water 

I love water and I try to drink a bottle in the morning before I get my day started. It helps me hydrate.

4. Take a shower

A shower helps wake me up in the morning. I'm usually up early and getting things done in the morning, but I'm not a morning person lol.

5. Get breakfast

Breakfast is supposed to be the most important meal of the day. I'm not the greatest on eating breakfast, but I eat breakfast more than I used to. 

6. Write down the days agenda/goals

I used to use a planner, but sometimes planners give me anxiety. I'll like structure and organization, but I find a regular notebook helps 

7. Affirmations 

When I speak words over my life and myself I try to speak postive things into existence and work on making them a reality. Above are a few of the affiliate that I shared on my blog at the beginning of year. If you want to read all of my affirmations for 2021 you can read that post HERE.

8. Exercise 

I don't do this everyday, but I try to get a short morning walk in for about 10 to 15 minutes. Also when I get out of bed in the morning I do a few stretches for about 5 to 10 minutes. 

10. Schedule Free Time

Depending on what I have going on, I try to schedule some free time for myself. It doesn't have to be long. I listen to music, or in this instance burning a candle. Aromatherapy is so peaceful.

28 comments:

Lovely said...

Love that you schedule some time for yourself! Self-care is important!
xoxo
Lovely
www.mynameislovely.com

Anonymous said...

Wonderful tips!

Tanza Erlambang said...

excellent habits...
I should do like you...

Anonymous said...

This is so helpful! Going to add some of these things to my morning routine!

www.christinacenci.com

Marianela Beauty Tips said...

Nice post. Thanks for sharing.
I hope you'll visit my new post. Have a nice day!

Jackie Harrison said...

Great schedule is good to start your day with god and prayers.

Red Rose Alley said...

Pilar, the routine things you do in the morning are very nice. I do many of them myself. I love to open up the blinds, and sometimes I even raise them
up. When it's snowing, the view from the window is so pretty. Your breakfast
looks so good. Haven't had waffles in awhile. You are so talented with your
knitting projects. I like your list, and number 1 is the most important, Pray. It is a special way to start your day, Pilar. Oh, that candle looks
delightful. Your house is so cozy and welcoming.

~Sheri

Rowena @ rolala loves said...

A good morning routine can really make a difference in setting us up to have a good day. I do most of these though I haven't been eating breakfast much since I started intermittent fasting.

R's Rue said...

You are very productive

Ann said...

Good to know you pray before anything else.
Blessings to you Pilar.
Have a wonderful weekend.

Ann
https://roomsofinspiration.blogspot.com/

Billie Jo said...

Such important tips! I have anxiety, and also find a notebook is much better than a planner. I tried every planner out there, and find myself always returning to a notebook and pencil! I do many of your things, but not the walking. I really need to start! Thanks for sharing!

Kinga K. said...

Nice tips, I love them ❤

Mica said...

These are good steps to have in a morning routine! :) I feel so much better for the day if I have some quiet time to myself in the mornings - although with kids that's not always possible, haha! They can wake up so early!

Hope that you are having a wonderful weekend :) We are enjoying our long weekend, with a beach day Friday, playdate and carnival yesterday.

Away From The Blue

Ivana Split said...

Your morning routine sounds wonderful. Thanks for sharing!

Pilar said...

Thanks Lovely!

Pilar said...

Thanks!

Pilar said...

Thanks Tanza!

Pilar said...

Thanks Christina!

Pilar said...

Thanks Marianela, and you're welcome! Have a great week!

Pilar said...

Thanks Sheri!

Pilar said...

I agree. I notice when I have a good morning routine it does make a difference!

Pilar said...

Thanks Rue!

Pilar said...

Thanks Ann! Have a wonderful week!

Pilar said...

Thanks Billie Jo, and you're welcome!

Pilar said...

Thanks Kinga!

Pilar said...

Thanks Mica! Have a great week!

Pilar said...

Thanks Ivana, and you're welcome!

Pilar said...

Thanks Jackie!

Daylight Saving Time

 Hello Everyone! We may have lost an hour of sleep, but honestly I'm glad that the sun will be setting later. I need sunlight. Today was...