Today I have another Pilar in the Pantry food post. I made Pillsbury Cinnamon Rolls with Homemade Cream Cheese Frosting for last night for Sunday's dessert. I started to use the frosting that is provided in the package, but I wanted to give the Cinnamon Rolls a homemade touch. This homemade frosting is a pretty simple to make and the frosting is sweet, but not overly sugary. These Cinnamon Rolls are good for breakfast, a snack or dessert.
You'll Need :
- 1 can of Pillsbury Cinnamon Rolls
- 4 oz (1 stick) of margarine or butter (softened)
- 4 oz Cream Cheese (half a bar) (softened)
- 3 cups powdered sugar (add if 1 more cup if you want the frosting to be sweeter)
- 1 teaspoon of vanilla extract
- Large bowl
- Measuring cups
- Electric mixer
* Follow baking directions on Pillsbury Cinnamon Rolls can. Remove and let cool completely.
* While your cinnamon rolls are baking, start prepping for your cream cheese frosting.
1. In a large bowl, beat together the butter and cream cheese with an electric mixer.
2. Set the mixer on low speed, add the powdered sugar. Add one cup at a time until smooth and creamy.
3. Beat in the vanilla extract on low speed.
4. All done :)
5. After the Cinnamon Rolls are cooled completely, frost. Store any leftover frosting and Cinnamon Rolls in the Refrigerator. I had enough frosting left over for a second package of cinnamon rolls. Enjoy!
* Also, this week on my blog is dedicated to recipe, DIY, and a tutorial so stayed tuned!
Thanks for stopping by my blog!