Wednesday, August 8, 2018

Morning Walks

Hello Everyone!


This isn't my apartment complex, This is just one of the places that I like to walk.

Part of my counseling treatment is that I do light exercise. Up until a few years ago I used to try to exercise on a regular basis, but I slacked off until recently. My counselor suggested that I get back to light exercise to help ease some of my depression and anxiety symptoms.


For the past few weeks I've started walking in the mornings. I find that walking does help ease my anxiety in the morning. It takes my mind off of things and I'm getting in touch with nature. When I went to the doctor last month I found out that I've lost 9lbs!


I like to get out early and go walking since it's so hot here. The times it's too hot in the morning or I get a late start, I try to walk around the mall before it opens. I'll would like start back with cardio soon, but for right now I'm enjoying my morning walks.


Enjoy these beautiful Summer days!

August 2018 Post

Yankee Candle Fall Preview 2018

Fall's Coming!

July 2018 Posts

Happy 5th Blogiversary to Beauty and More by Pilar!

Bath & Body Works Fall Preview 2018



24 comments:

Doctor Anne said...

Walking is a great way to get back into exercise, I did it after both pregnancies to build up my stamina again. And being outside is so good for peace of mind, a great way to start the day.

Anne - Linda, Libra, Loca

Trini Altea said...

Preciosas fotos.!!!

Red Rose Alley said...

Pilar, I'm so glad to hear you're walking and enjoying nature. Nature is a place that always brings me peace. I think you will find it calming and peaceful too. This is a lovely place to walk. Love that fountain. I just saw a fountain myself in the pond at the library. Water is always soothing, isn't it? Enjoy your morning walks, and Yes, try to go early before it gets sweltering hot outside haha.

~Sheri

Ivana Split said...

Morning walks are such a great idea! I remember reading posts about it from a blogger that said they helped her out a lot. I used to do morning walks too, I need to start doing them again. Walking is a great activity, perfect for both relaxing and as a light exercise.

Rowena @ rolala loves said...

Walking is great exercise and it's wonderful that it has helped with your anxiety Pilar. I always like to go for walks when I need to clear my head and calm down.

Beauty Unearthly said...

Lovely post dear!

Anonymous said...

Nice post!

Adriana Leandro said...

Walking is a great exercise.
I love photos with nature.
Kisses!

galerafashion.com

iamperlita said...

I agree exercise is great for improving your mood and health. Good for you for being consistent with that!
-PerlaGiselle
iamperlita.com | Instagram

RaeAbigael said...

a morning walk is nice because you get to be grateful about everything. and also relax. i can't do it in my neighborhood but everytime i'm on vacation and i have a chance to do it, i grab the chance. :)

xoxo, rae
http://www.raellarina.net

INSTAGRAM | TWITTER | FACEBOOK

Marisa Cavaleiro said...

I Think I need to go for a long walk the walk of life!
Nice pics
xoxo

marisasclosetblog.com

Marie said...

Walks are a great way to start the day! I used to take walks in the evenings.

Pilar said...

I agree. Walking does help build up stamina. I haven't been going on long walks outside because of the heat. Once the weather cools off I would like to walk more outside.

Pilar said...

Thanks Trini!

Pilar said...

Thanks Sheri! I definitely get out and go walking early, but it's been really hot the past week even in the morning! I agree water is soothing, and nature is so calming and peaceful!

Pilar said...

Thanks Ivana! The walks are helping! I find that walking lessens my anxiety and it's great exercise as well!

Pilar said...

Thanks Rowena! Walking helps clear my mind too!

Pilar said...

Thanks!

Pilar said...

Thanks!

Pilar said...

Thanks Adriana!

Pilar said...

Thanks Perla!

Pilar said...

That's so true Rae! While I'm walking I reflect on the things I'm grateful for in life!

Pilar said...

Thanks Marisa!

Pilar said...

Thanks Marie!

Daylight Saving Time

 Hello Everyone! We may have lost an hour of sleep, but honestly I'm glad that the sun will be setting later. I need sunlight. Today was...