Tuesday, November 6, 2018

Neutrogena Oil-Free Acne Wash Pink Grapefruit Facial Cleanser and Foaming Scrub

Hello Everyone!


*Disclaimer: I partnered with @Neutrogena to review their  Oil-Free Acne Wash Pink Grapefruit Facial Cleanser and Foaming Scrub. #PinkPowerUp I want to thank Neutrogena for sending these products for review. All opinions are 100% my own. Product information is provided by neutrogena.com




Neutrogena Oil-free Acne Wash Pink Grapefruit clears breakouts with an uplifting blast of pink grapefruit. With maximum strength Salicylic Acid acne medicine, this formula powerfully treats and helps prevent breakouts – even blackheads. Its unique formula contains naturally derived grapefruit extract and Vitamin C, to eliminate oil and dirt. Rinses clean, without over-drying.


Oil-free

Non-comedogenic (won't clog pores)

Salicylic Acid





The Neutrogena Oil-Free Acne Wash Pink Grapefruit Foaming Scrub powerfully clears blemishes and blackheads with maximum strength Salicylic Acid acne-fighting medicine plus an uplifting blast of grapefruit. With naturally derived grapefruit extract plus vitamin C, this oil-free scrub features gentle exfoliators that smooth away roughness without over-drying or irritating acne-prone skin.


Oil-free

Salicylic Acid Acne treatment

Does not contain plastic microbeads


My Thoughts

I love that these Neutrogena products contain extracts of grapefruit and salicylic acne treatment. It's been known that some citrus fruits such as grapefruit can help reduce hyperpigmentation.  I usually have hyperpigmentation issues on my cheeks during PMS, and last week was no different.  I noticed a change after using both products. The dark spots were fading quicker than usual.


Both products are oil free acne washes which is good for me because during PMS I have acne prone oily skin. I use products with Salicylic acid since salicylic acid may helps reduce my acne acne temporarily. Over the course of last week, I  used these products every other day since salicylic acid tends to dry my skin. By using these products every other day, my skin doesn't feel dry. Outside of PMS week, I'll only use a facial scrub once or twice a week. The cleansers makes my face feel refreshed and the scrub is gentle and lathers well.  I thought these products were going to have a strong grapefruit scent. The grapefruit smells really good and  the scent isn't overpowering, or at least to me the scent isn't too strong.


If you have combination skin (normal/oily) like I have, this cleanser and scrub may work well for you. Both products are oil free, but as I mentioned they're not drying. the Neutrogena Pink Grapefruit Acne Wash Cleanser and Acne Wash Scrub have become a staple in my skincare routine!

34 comments:

Paola Lauretano said...

Such an interesting line!
Kisses, Paola.

Expressyourself

Pilar said...

I agree! These products helped reduce my acne issues!

Beauty said...

I use these two Products currently and I love the result. Great Review.

Marianela Beauty Tips said...

Hi Pilar! I havent´t tried these products yet, but they look very interesting.
I hope you´ll visit my blog soon. I follow you. Have a nice day!

Doctor Anne said...

So you used the scrub every other night too? I think that would be a Little too much for my skin, I tend to use scrubs once a week maybe.

Anne|Linda, Libra, Loca

Ann said...

I love Neutrogena products
I'm sure to like these.

Ann
https://roomsofinspiration.blogspot.com/

Pam said...

I bet you have a cabinet full of products...haha...Thank goodness acne is not an issue for me these days. Hoping you are doing well.

Lisa said...

I have always trusted Neutrogena Products. I'm sure this is some good stuff.
Lisa

Anonymous said...

Great review!

PhotosbyCris Travel Fashion Lifestyle said...

These products sound great I do have breakouts sometimes so it is always good to know about these products Thanks for the review babe xoxo Cris

http://photosbycris.blogspot.com/2018/11/rosegal-new-arrivals-and-super-sale.html

Marie said...

These products sound like they're working well for you! Neutrogena is a good brand!

Adriana Leandro said...

Great review Pilar.
They look very interesting.
Kisses!

galerafashion.com

bellodiesseredonna said...

questi prodotti sembrano ottimi

nerline said...

I love Neutrogena products and these sound perfect for my skin. Great review doll.

Beauty Unearthly said...

Hello, thanks for the information. xx

Rowena @ rolala loves said...

I used to use this range back in the day and it was really good. I don't really suffer breakouts anymore because I'm really careful about what I eat.

Pilar said...

Thanks! These products have been working well to control breakouts.

Pilar said...

Thanks Marinela for visiting and following my blog! I will be visiting you blog soon! You have a nice day as well!

Pilar said...

I'm glad you asked that Anne. I went back and clarified that. Typically I'll use a scrub once week. I tend to breakouts during PMS week, so I'll use a gentle scrub every other day or every two days depending on the breakout. This scrub is pretty gentle, so it doesn't irritate my skin. I try not to use scrubs too often because just like you it can be too much for my skin.

Pilar said...

These are really great products. I've seen results since I've started using them!

Pilar said...

Thanks Pam! I hope you're doing well also! Lol I do have a lot of skincare products!

Pilar said...

Some Neutrogena products are too harsh on my skin, but these products aren't harsh at all on my skin!

Pilar said...

Thanks!

Pilar said...

Thanks Cris, and you're welcome! I recommend these products for breakouts!

Pilar said...

These products are working well indeed! I like Neutrogena now that the brand offers more products that aren't harsh on my skin!

Pilar said...

Thanks Adriana!

Pilar said...

These products work so well for my skin!

Pilar said...

Thanks Nerline!

Pilar said...

You're welcome!

Pilar said...

I don't get breakouts too often either except during that time of the month, or extreme weather changes. That's so true about watching what you eat. It can make all the difference in having acne prone skin.

Kristen Alpert said...

Love your review on these products. I have trouble with oily skin and knowing that these face cleaning products don't leave your skin oily or dry is good. Do you recommend using both types of wash or just one? I can't wait to see your next review on a product.

Pilar said...

Thanks Kristen! Both products are good, but if I had to choose, I would go with the cleanser. I've been using the scrub daily. Sure you can use the scrub daily, but some people such as myself find using a scrub daily too harsh for skin. The only time I'll use a scrub every other day or every two days is during PMS week if I have breakouts. Typically outside of PMS acne issues, I'll just use a scrub one maybe twice a week.

Freya said...

I'm using Neutrogena and it helped control my acne. I eventually switched to OSEA skincare set and it slowly removed all my acne. :)

Pilar said...

Thanks for reading.

Daylight Saving Time

 Hello Everyone! We may have lost an hour of sleep, but honestly I'm glad that the sun will be setting later. I need sunlight. Today was...