Thursday, November 15, 2018

Thankful

Hello Everyone!


For today's Thanksgiving Inspired post, I wanted to write my yearly thankful post. Sometimes it's so easy to get consumed with all the negative things going in the world, but I always count my blessings. It's so important to be thankful everyday. Can you believe Thanksgiving is exactly a week from today?

Home


Home is where there is love, and where you are loved. Materials things don't make a home. Love is part of what makes a home.



Family 


Family doesn't have to be blood related. Family are the people who are there for you , love you, and share a bond with you.

Harvest


Food comes to mind when people typically think of harvest. There are so many people who are hungry and have nothing to eat. Please donate to you local food banks, churches, shelters, etc. They need various types of donations in addition to food all during the year, not just during the holidays.

Make a positive difference in this world


Do good in this world. People can be so cruel and uncaring. Hug the ones you love, apologize to those you hurt, and most importantly forgive those who hurt you. I've said this before forgiveness is not about the other person. Forgiveness is about you and your ability to move on from the pain someone caused you. Be kind to others, but don't forget to be kind and gentle to yourself.


I'm a believer that saying is true. The things we take for granted someone wish they had. No one is perfect, but what you have today, may not be here tomorrow. Remember, don't take people and things for granted.


Next Thursday as we give thanks and approach the holiday season, let us not forget those who are ill, those who are no longer with us, etc. I want to wish you all a very blessed (if you believe in God), and wonderful Thanksgiving!



November 2018 Posts

My Life in October in 2018

Come Along with Me! Christmas Previews 2018

Neutrogena Oil-Free Acne Wash Pink Grapefruit Facial Cleanser and Foaming Scrub

Aromatherapy Love: Rose and Vanilla Collection

Zoya Jubilee Holiday 2018 Collection 

Tips for Hosting Thanksgiving

20 comments:

Beauty Unearthly said...

wonderful review dear, thanks for sharing, xo

Anonymous said...

Great post!

nerline said...

I love your home decor. It is meaningful, but simple. Beautiful post and message, Pilar. Thanks for sharing.

Lisa said...

Great post! There is so much we can be thankful for. Hope you have a wonderful weekend!
Lisa

Rowena @ rolala loves said...

Fantastic post Pilar! I have issues with Thanksgiving because of it's dark and troubling origins but I definitely have no issues with expressing gratitude and giving thanks for all that is good :)

Jackie Harrison said...

Beautiful decor for Thanksgiving so welcoming.

Ivana Split said...

You're absolutely right. Being thankful is so important. When I pray I always try to express my gratitude for the things and lessons I received in life.

Marie said...

What a beautifully written post Pilar! There are so many things to be thankful for in life. I hope that people try more kindness towards one another. You never know what someone is going through and the smallest kind gesture can make their day.

Midnight Cowgirl said...

The thankful signs are great reminders!

Red Rose Alley said...

I enjoyed seeing all your Thanksgiving goodies around your home, Pilar, cause I don't have much for Thanksgiving. Now, Christmas is a different story. I deck the halls every year haha.

~Sheri

Pilar said...

Thanks, and you're welcome!

Pilar said...

Thanks!

Pilar said...

Thanks Nerline, and you're welcome!

Pilar said...

Thanks Lisa! I agree, I'm always thankful! Have a wonderful week!

Pilar said...

Thanks Rowena! Thanksgiving does have disturbing dark origins, but I've always looked beyond that. I never forget the story, but I focus on the love and blessings for Thanksgiving and everyday! So true, giving thanks is always good :)

Pilar said...

Thanks Jackie!

Pilar said...

I always stay prayed up and express my gratitude!

Pilar said...

Thanks Marie! I was just taking about that with my mom the other day in terms of the way people treat one another. Nobody is perfect, showing but kindess is always free!

Pilar said...

Thanks Ashley!

Pilar said...

Thanks Sheri! I can't wait to see your Christmas decor!

Daylight Saving Time

 Hello Everyone! We may have lost an hour of sleep, but honestly I'm glad that the sun will be setting later. I need sunlight. Today was...