Friday, May 20, 2016

Milani Everyday Eyes Eyeshadow Collection

Hello Everyone!



You may remember that I showed a Milani Cosmetics Haul that my mom surprised me with a few products.  You can view that post HERE. Today I wanted to review a palette that is a part of Milani's Everyday Eyes Powder Eyeshadow Collection.

1. Bare Necessities Palette (02)



Swatches


Without Flash 



With Flash 
This is more of the true colors of the palette


A FOTD I created using the Bare Necessities Palette (I created this look during Easter Weekend)






Products Used


* Eyes *

- MAC Paint Pot in Painterly 

-Milani Everyday Eyes Collection: Bare Necessities (02)


* Eyes *

- MAC Paint Pot in Painterly 

-Milani Everyday Eyes Collection: Bare Necessities (02)

 

1. Transition color in the Crease 

2. In Tear Duct and half of the Lid

3. On the other half of the lid

4. On top of the lid, blend into the Crease


- Maybelline Great Lash Mascara: Lots of Lashes in Blackest Black


* Face *

- Maybelline Baby Skin Instant Pore Eraser (primer)

- Maybelline Superstay Better Skin  Foundation: Buff Beige (40)

- Maybelline Superstay Better Skin  Concealer: Medium
 
 - Maybelline Fit Me  Pressed Powder in Soft Honey (315)


* Lips *

- Softlips in Pomegranate Blueberry

- Milani Lipstick in Passion



2. Smoky Essentials Palette (03)





Without Flash



With Flash 
This is more of the true colors of the palette


I created a look using this palette as well. I did a separate post because I was focusing on a particular look. I'll link it near the end of this post.



My Thoughts

I ABSOULETLY adore both of these palettes. Seriously these two palette are good as some of my high end palettes. Dare I say almost as good as my Urban Decay Naked Palettes...I would have to say yes! These palettes remind so much of the Urban Decay Naked Palettes, but for a much friendlier cost. These palettes came from CVS and retails for $9.99 If you're a part of CVS's beauty club you get a $5.00 reward for every $50 spent and I think that you can also use your health and pharmacy benefits rewards as well. So go sign up and use your card to get your savings! Now back to the review.

I really like how these palettes are very pigmented. If you read my blog on the regular, you know my feelings on eyeshadow palettes that lack pigmentation, but these really deliver a lot of color. I also like that I don't have to use white eyeshadow to make the colors pop. I can use my MAC Paint Pots and I'll get the same pop of color as if I would have used a white eyeshadow base. I'm really happy that these palettes both have such good pigmentation because I love the shades in both. In these palettes you have a combination of mattes and shimmery shadows. The shadows are really pretty! The shadows also don't fade during the day. I've worn eyeshadows from both palettes and my eye makeup lasted most of the day which is another plus. Fallout is minor. I really like how I can use these palettes without feeling like I'm wasting product because of fallout issues. These shadows also pick up color well with my makeup brushes and I don't have any trouble blending the shadows. I really don't have any complaints about these palettes. I wrote this review as a whole instead of reviewing each palette individually because besides the colors there really isn't much of a difference between the two. These palettes are just that good! I think this collection has two more palettes, and
I highly recommend adding Milani's Everyday Eyes Eyeshadow Palettes to your collection!

I also found two other palettes from this collection and I haven't used them yet, but if there is a different in quality etc. I'll let you all know!


Earthy Elements  (05)
Must Have Naturals (01)

UPDATED: I still haven't used the last two palettes, but here are a few swatches

Must Have Naturals  (01)


Swatches


With Flash


Without Flash

Earthly Elements Palette (05)



With Flash 


Without Flash 

Updated as of May 30th (This picture is from my instagram account)


I now have all the palettes in this collection! It may have taken some time to find some of the palettes, but mission accomplished lol :)



Do you own any of the Milani Everyday Eyes Eyeshadow Palettes?


As promised here is the link using Milani's Smoky Essentials Palette (03)


Thanks for stopping by my blog!







14 comments:

Jackie Harrison said...

Those shades rock on you doll.

Jules on the moon said...

Beautiful colours! I like your blog, would you like to follow each other?:)

http://julesonthemoon.blogspot.it/

Unknown said...

All these palettes are so pretty. I especially like the earthly elements one! And the must have naturals because the taupey shades!! I'd love to see swatches for those ones too! I love the FOTD you created too! I'm glad to know that these are good quality too!! Great review, Pilar!

Marie said...

These palette are gorgeous! They sound quite impressive since you compared them to the UD Naked Palettes! Great review!

Pilar said...

Thanks!

Pilar said...

Thanks for stopping by my blog!

Pilar said...

Thanks! I went back and updated this post and I added the swatches for the last two palettes. I'm so happy these palettes are good quality!

Pilar said...

Thanks! These palettes are quite impressive indeed!

Ambi said...

You look really pretty Pilar, love those colors on you :) x
www.ambiinwonderland.com

willsingformakeup said...

The Bare Necessities palette looks like something I would use! I've been wanting to pick up one of these palettes for a while. I need to check my CVS!

Anonymous said...

Nice palettes!

Pilar said...

Thanks!

Pilar said...

I really like the Bare Necessities Palette! I know in my city, not all CVS's carry Milani Products so you may want to call before you go!

Pilar said...

Thanks!

How to Survive a 12.5 Hour Shift

 Hello Everyone! I'm no stranger to working long hours, but when it comes to working a 12.5 hour shift. I must admit I'm a newbie lo...