I've been meaning to get around to this topic, ever since I started blogging...healthy skin tips. This is a topic anyone can relate too. Stress, allergies, weather changes, pms symptoms etc. can sometimes cause skin issues. When my skin misbehaves or I'm just maintaining my beauty regimens, I've found these tips helpful.
Oily Skin and Breakouts
1. Use a face or body wash that is geared toward your breakout. (I know that sounds cliché) When I have a minor breakout(s) on my face I use Noxzema Triple Clean Anti- Blemish Pads. I think these Noxzema pads really deliver. They dry out acne, eliminate oily skin, and get rid of any dirt I may have on my face. I only use them as needed because the Noxzema pads tend to dry my face. I also wash my face immediately and apply Ponds Dry Skin Cream to lock in moisture.
2. If you find your skin is breaking out more than usual, the cause could be your daily habits etc. For me stress and allergies are main factors. I also try not to overload on a lot of sugar.
3. When all else fails, you may have to consult with a dermatologist to help resolve the issue.
Maintaining Healthy Skin Do's and Dont's
1. Drink plenty of water!! Water is not only good for you; its good for your skin too! I stress this tip :)
2. Try to get adequate sleep. I use the word adequate because everyone sleep habits vary. As a night owl myself I struggle with this one. This tip especially applies to your face because lack of sleep can be obvious if you have dark circles under your eye. Concealer helps, but its best to try and get rest.
3. Keep your skin clean and well moisturized. I usually moisturize my skin after I take a shower or bath. I apply lotion while my skin is semi damp so the moisture will stay locked in and keep my skin soft. Refer HERE for the products I use.
4. Exfoliate while showering or bathing. Before I shower I use a dry loofah to get rid of any dead skin cells. Then I lather the loofah well with shower gel or I use a washcloth, and I proceed with washing. However, when I'm using an exfoliating scrub for my face, I only use it once or twice so I wont over exfoliate my face.
5. Wash all the makeup off your face. Isnt tempting to crash into bed after a long day, but DONT!! lol You should face your face. Wearing makeup to bed is bad because you can possibly have a breakout by morning. In addition to a breakout, you may also have clogged pores.
1. Don't sleep on a dirty pillowcase. Wash your pillowcases on a regular basis. This is also another way to get a breakout and have clogged pores.
2. Don't over wash your face. I've always been told you shouldnt do this. I usually wash and moisturize my face twice a day and Im good to go :)
3. Don't overload on sugar. This is yet another factor that can cause a breakout.
Well those are just a few of my do's and dont's tips for managing breakouts and maintaining healthy skin. What beauty regimen(s) do you use?
Thanks for reading! If you like my blog, hit the join this site button to keep up with me!