Sunday, August 18, 2013

Fingernail Polishes Review

Hey Everybody!
 
 
Disclaimer:
 My apologies for the missing pictures. My pictures were accidentally deleted off my blog. Please Refer to my Instagram account miss_pilar to view the pictures (or some of the pictures) that were deleted.  
 
I wanted to focus today's post on another one of my favorites, fingernail polish. I'm still on a voyage to find a good brand that actually lasts lol.

Well in the mean time here are a few brands that I use

Sally Hansen Hard as Nails Hardener
Sally Hansen Xtreme Wear Nail Color

 

As much as I love the colors I cant say these are my favorites. I dont know what has happened over the years, but its almost as if the polish doesnt wear long as it used to. I still buy these from time to time because like I said I really like the colors. This isn't a terrible brand I just have to keep retouching my nails often, sometimes the very next day. I do like the price because I've only paid between $2.50 to $3.00. The Sally Hansen Hard as Nails Hardener works really well. I haven't had any issues with it. I also paid $2.50 for this brand. Both polishes are good size bottles; Ive been able to get many uses out of them.

Milani Nail Lacquer

 

You probably noticed that I have these polishes in variety shades of pink, among the other colors. This has become one of my favorite brands. Ive found the polishes are fast drying and I have to retouch maybe around on the fourth day of wear. The bottles are a decent size I've been able to get many uses out them as well, and the nail brush is easy to apply to my nails. I forgot how much I paid for these, but I don't think it was over $4.00.


Maybelline New York Color Show

 

 

I just started using these about a month ago. Ive been pleased, and I like that a lot of polish colors are vibrant and intense. When I polish my nails it doesn't take too long to dry, so thats also a plus. The only things I have issues with are the size of the bottle and the brush is kind of wide. If you noticed in the picture the polish bottle is small. I haven't used a whole bottle yet, but I wish it were bigger. I paid $3.00 for these and I feel the bottle could be a little bigger for the price. Overall I like the polish and I dont have to retouch until about the fourth day.

Those are a few of the brands of polishes I use, what are some brands you find that last long or just like in general?

Pilar


Thanks for reading!! and if you like my blog, hit the join this site button and keep up with me!

8 comments:

Kristen said...

okay, only you could pull off that color. I love the Sally Hansen line of nail polish. I have to agree about the price, it is sometimes expensive for the size of the bottle.

Pilar said...

Lol Kris! I agree, the prices of some Sally Hansen Nail Polishes can get costly. These weren't too bad though around $3.00 per bottle

Nichole said...

Another line of nail polish you might like is Essie. I love all the different colors, my favorite is Mint Candy Apple! :)

Pilar said...

Thanks for the suggestion! I will have to give that brand a try!

Rachel Gourley said...

Barry M also has a great range especially the Gelish ones - they last forever :)

Raineys Crochet said...

I agree completely about the Sally Hanson Nail polishes, they aren't as good as they used to be, though I just keep buying them anyway lol! I love the Barry M nail polishes, or the Avon Matte ones have amazing staying power! Great write up! xx

Pilar said...

I've heard good reviews on the Barry M polishes. I wish they sold them in the U.S. I've checked out the site and I really like the colors. The shipping is costly though! lol

Pilar said...

Thanks! I forgot all about the Avon Matte Polishes! lol I tried some colors last year and you're right they're amazing!

How to Survive a 12.5 Hour Shift

 Hello Everyone! I'm no stranger to working long hours, but when it comes to working a 12.5 hour shift. I must admit I'm a newbie lo...