Wednesday, December 12, 2018

Pilar in the Pantry: Homemade Chicken Alfredo Penne Bake

Hello Everyone!


I think most of us can agree the holiday season is a very busy time of year. Between family, work, and general daily life activities that can leave limited time to cook. Today I wanted to share a simple meal that is quick, easy, and inexpensive. As much as I love Chicken Alfredo Penne Bake, this is my first time actually making this dish. I figured why go to Olive Garden, or Pizza Hut etc. when I can make this dish at home?

Ingredients


* You can use various brands of ingredients, these are just the brands that I used in this recipe.   

- Ragu Cheese Creations Classic Alfredo

- Muller's Penne Noodles 16 oz Box

- Green Giant Steamed Broccoli Florets 

- Tyson Boneless Skinless Chicken Trimmed and Ready Chicken Breasts (3 come to a pack)

- Great Value Low Moisture Part Skin Shredded Mozzarella 8oz

- Kraft Shredded Parmesan Cheese (optional)

- McCormick Parsley Flakes (optional)


Directions


Boil lightly salted noodles according to package. I used the whole 16 ounce box. As the noodles boiled, I cut the boneless skinless chicken breasts into shredded chunks.  I baked the chicken in the oven. As for my broccoli florets, I steamed them in a closed  pot on the stove,  and then sauteed the broccoli florets in a little butter. Make sure your broccoli is tender!


Add noodles, broccoli, cooked chicken, and Alfredo sauce. Mix all ingredients together. Not shown, but I also added a little parmesan cheese. Depending on your preference, you may also want to add more Alfredo sauce to the mixture.


Lightly spray your baking dish and add mixture into the baking dish


Add a layer of shredded mozzarella. Bake uncovered for 25 minutes on 350° and let cool


The finished product


I personally like to add parsley flakes to some of meals. I think it looks nice. I didn't follow a recipe, I added what typically goes into Chicken Alfredo and went from there.This meal was a hit! I received many positive reviews about this dish! Like I mentioned earlier, this was my first time making Chicken Alfredo Penne Bake, but it won't be the last!

  
December 2018 Posts

Reflections 2018/Almost 33 Years Old

Bath & Body Works Candle Day 2018

Christmas Tree Decorations 2018

Decorate with Me! Christmas Edition 2018

36 comments:

Melanfolia said...

Looks so delicious, I bet it tastes awesome! Thanks for the post :*

Lots of love ♥ January Girl

Midnight Cowgirl said...

That looks like a tasty meal!

Naturalle Drea said...

I love fun and easy meals to make plus I know my son will eat this lol! Thanks for sharing Pilar!

Marie said...

Looks delicious! Chicken Alfredo is so good! I'll have to try making this recipe!

Pam said...

Wow..that looks great and sounds amazing. I might have to actually make myself cook that. Thank you for sharing.

Zee said...

This looks so yum and easy to make, will definitely have to try it!

www.itszee.blogspot.com

Amely Rose said...

Hmm this looks so tasty.
Thank you for the lovely recipe, definetly need to try it. :)

Need cute cat content?
And some christmas vibes, take a look at my Youtube Video HERE

Doctor Anne said...

It looks absolutely delicious and surely will be a winner with the kids.

Anne - Linda, Libra, Loca

LoveT. said...

Delicious <3

lovely Greetings!

Beauty Unearthly said...

Hello, thanks for the information.

The Dainty Dolls House said...

Oh man, this looks so good. Not had it in a long time too. Yummy :) x

Rowena @ rolala loves said...

This looks so hearty and delicious Pilar! I love it when a dish comes together the first time you make it! Happy weekend lovely!

Anonymous said...

Yummy! Chicken alfredo Alfredo is very good!

Susie said...

Pilar, What a wonderful dish to be able to serve in short time. Thank you for this recipe. I need quick meals to fix since time is valuable. Blessings to you, xoxo, Susie

Pilar said...

Thanks Liz, and you're welcome

Pilar said...

Thanks Ashley!

Pilar said...

You're welcome!

Pilar said...

Thanks Marie!

Pilar said...

Thanks Pam, and you're welcome!

Pilar said...

Thanks Zoe!

Pilar said...

Thanks, and you're welcome!

Pilar said...

Thanks Anne!

Pilar said...

Thanks T!

Pilar said...

Thanks!

Pilar said...

Thanks!

Pilar said...

Thanks Rowena, and have a great weekend!

Pilar said...

Thanks!

Pilar said...

Thanks Susie, and you're welcome! Blessings to you as well!

Red Rose Alley said...

Oh my, this looks delicious. You're such a good cook, Pilar. I absolutely love pasta dishes, and they are so good on that cold day outside.

~Sheri

nerline said...

The recipe looks simple and the food definitely looks good. I would have to try it sometimes.

Pilar said...

Thanks Sheri! The meal was delicious! I agree this pasta dish is good on cold days outside!

Pilar said...

Thanks Nerline!

Lisa said...

I just pinned this! Looks so yummy.
Thanks for the recipe.
Lisa

Marie said...

This Chicken Alfredo Penne Bake looks delicious! Thanks for sharing your recipe!

Pilar said...

Thanks, and you're welcome Lisa!

Pilar said...

Thanks Marie, and you're welcome!

Daylight Saving Time

 Hello Everyone! We may have lost an hour of sleep, but honestly I'm glad that the sun will be setting later. I need sunlight. Today was...