Tuesday, December 18, 2018

Season's Greetings

Hello Everyone!


This is the Christmas card I'm using this year. 

I love sending cards during the holidays. I remember when I was a little girl my mama and I always had a Christmas card list. We would write in Christmas cards and mail them or hand the cards in person to others. This is still a tradition that we do every holiday season.


This is another card that came in a set. This card is good to use during the holidays and special occasions.


 As much as I love receiving Christmas/Birthday cards, I love sending them. You never know a Christmas card may brighten someone's day. A small kind gesture can really make all the difference.


I typically use this card to include in my hand crafted items for customers, but I also use them for other occasions that show my gratitude.

In addition to sending Christmas cards, I also like to bake Christmas goodies and place the baked items in Christmas themed tins. I'm unsure if I'll be baking any Christmas treats this year since I'm currently trying get rid of this pesky cold!


I usually send out cards the first week of December since the post office is busy this time of year. It's not a good idea to wait until the last minute to mail your cards if you want them to be delivered in a timely manner.


 Whether it's Christmas cards or Chrsitmas baking etc. It's always better to give rather than to receive.
Do you send Christmas Cards in the mail?


December 2018 Posts

Reflections 2018/Almost 33 Years Old

Bath & Body Works Candle Day 2018

Christmas Tree Decorations 2018

Decorate with Me: Christmas Edition 2018

Pilar in the Pantry: Homemade Chicken Alfredo Penne Bake   

Christmas Party Makeup


28 comments:

LoveT. said...

Yes, i also love Christmas Cards. Your Christmas Tree looks beautiful :)

lovely Greetings <3

Kelsey Martino said...

Cute post!
I decided to make all my cards by hand this year, wish me luck, it may end in disaster, lol!

A Shimmer, A Shadow

Anonymous said...

Nice post!

Red Rose Alley said...

Yes, I send Christmas cards in the mail, and it's a tradition that Nel and Jess are starting to do as well. It's so nice to receive cards, and I love sending them to family and friends, and usually add a photo in there too. Your Christmas tree is so pretty, Pilar, and the ornaments in different blues are stunning. I like your snowman cards you sent out this year. And I hope you feel better with your cold.

Merry Christmas to you, my friend. Your blog friendship is special to me.

~Sheri

Lisa said...

I used to sit and write out 40 Christmas cards to be mailed the day after Thanksgiving every year. The past two years, We have stopped due to financial reasons. However, I will give each of my neighbors a card with some home made goodies each year. I love getting cards though!
Lisa

Beauty Unearthly said...

Interesting post dear! thanks for sharing, xx

The Dainty Dolls House said...

Gorgeous Christmas cards, I love them. I hope your birthday will be fab on Christmas. My younger sister's birthday is tomorrow and she always had a love/hate thing about her birthday being so close to Christmas. x

Jackie Harrison said...

I like writing out Christmas Card it’s traditional and it thoughtful. Lovely Christmas cards

Marisa Cavaleiro said...

Hello pilar
I find this idea of sending Christmas postcards very romantic.

xoxo

marisasclosetblog.com

Rowena @ rolala loves said...

All these things you do to get into the holiday spirit are wonderful Pilar! I used to send cards out by mail but I've been doing e-cards in the recent years. Take care and hope you get over that cold quickly :)

Paola Lauretano said...

So many cute x-mas cards, I love them all!
Kisses, Paola.

Expressyourself

krishna said...

Oh Dear! Very beautiful decorations!

nerline said...

I remember sending cards to family members with Christmas pictures in them. I need to start that again. Great post, Pilar. Happy Holidays.

Marie said...

Cute Christmas cards and decorations!

Pilar said...

Thanks T!

Pilar said...

Thanks Kelsey! Good Luck with your handmade cards!

Pilar said...

Thanks Sheri! I'm starting to feel a little better! I think that's great your daughters are keeping up the tradition of sending Christmas cards! Merry Christmas to you and your family! Your blog friendship is special to me too!

Pilar said...

40 cards is pretty impressive! That is so sweet of you to send give your neighbors cards and homemade goodies! I wanted to bake treats for others this year, but I have a cold right now lol. I love getting cards too!

Pilar said...

Thanks, and you're welcome!

Pilar said...

Thanks Kissy! Happy Birthday to your sister!

Pilar said...

Thanks Jackie!

Pilar said...

Thanks Marisa!

Pilar said...

Thanks Rowena! I try to get in the Christmas spirit every year! e-cards are a great alternative to regular cards! I'm trying to get over this cold quickly, but I am feeling better!

Pilar said...

Thanks Paola!

Pilar said...

Thanks Krishna!

Pilar said...

Thanks Nerline! Happy Holidays!

Pilar said...

Thanks Marie!

Pilar said...

Thanks!

Daylight Saving Time

 Hello Everyone! We may have lost an hour of sleep, but honestly I'm glad that the sun will be setting later. I need sunlight. Today was...