Wednesday, September 30, 2015

Bath and Body Works Haul: Fall Candles Collection Collaboration

Hello Everyone



My good friend Ashley @ashleysuemakeup.blogspot.com and I decided to do a collaboration post on our 2015 Fall Candles from Bath and Body Works

It seems like I'm one of the few people in life who doesn't like or appreciate pumpkin lol. I wanted to give pumpkin scents a chance even though I hate the taste. Long story short, it was a no go. I wanted to get pumpkin coconut, but the scent set off my allergies. So there won't be any pumpkin scented candles for me.

I was having a few stressful weeks and as a pick me up, my mom purchased these candles. Thank you mama! I love you so much! This made my day! These candles were purchased during the 2 for $24 sale about two few weeks ago. I know BABW also had the same this past weekend. These candles were a pretty good deal because in addition to the sale she had a 20% coupon and an exchange for store credit.




1. Farmstand Apple



Bath and Body Works Description:


Notes of McIntosh apple, pear blossom & oak call to mind a day at the orchard




My Thoughts:

Farmstand Apple is basically American Apple repackaged. Both candles smell the same or at least I don't smell the difference between them. Here is the description I used for American Apple This candle smells semi sweet. I smell more of a refreshing crisp apple scent. I really like this scent and the throw is pretty good. My thoughts are basically the same for Farmstand Apple as well. If you were a fan of American Apple you'll likely be pleased with Farmstand Apple. You can the previous BABW candle haul post I wrote HERE




Farmstand Apple and American Apple





2. Buttercream Icing



Bath and Body Works Description:



The mouthwatering fragrance of fluffy buttercream frosting on a rich vanilla cupcake




 My Thoughts:

This candle smells so good! It reminds me of my mama's homemade buttercream frosting and now I want a piece of cake! It smells more of a fluffy buttercream scent with hints of vanilla in the throw. This candle is similar to Vanilla Bean Marshmallow except (in my opinion) I think the Buttercream Icing smells better I burned this candle the other day, and  my house smells like a bakery full of sweet buttercream within 30 minutes!






Here's an extra candle I received free from Yankee Candle
Sweet Strawberry



Yankee Candle Description:

The essence of perfectly ripe strawberries sprinkled with sugar.


My Thoughts:

I haven't burned this candle yet, but the cold sniff scent is more strawberry than sweet. I can only hope that this candle's throw won't disappoint like most Yankee Candle Candles I've had in the past. I just don't understand how these candles are so expensive, but I can barely smell the throw in my house let alone in the same room.



Have you picked up any Fall candles? If so which candle(s) did you select? Don't forget to check out my friend Ashley's post to see what Fall candles she selected. You can check out her blog @ashleysuemakeup.blogspot.com


Here are my other posts I have on my blog this week for Fall Week!

Thanks for stopping by my blog!


22 comments:

Unknown said...

I almost got the Farmstand apple! And I smelled the buttercream one too and it was amazing! I hope the Yankee candle you got is good! I agree that they are expensive and I like bath and body more! It was so sweet of your mom to get you these, and I'm so happy we did this collab together Pilar! We should plan to do a candle haul for the winter/Christmas season too!

Jackie Harrison said...

You have perfect scented candles for this season.

Margo @ PrettyPanda said...

OOH! Farmstand Apple sounds so good to me. What an awesome collaboration and your momma is so sweet :)

Marie said...

Buttercream Icing sounds like it smells wonderful and so does Farmstand Apple! I'm going to look for those next time I go to Bath and Body Works! I agree Yankee Candle has weak throws.

willsingformakeup said...

I love food scents in candles, especially the bakery ones. Buttercream Icing sounds amazing! I need to burn through a couple more of the ones I have, and them I'm going to Bath & Body Works!

Shireen L. Platt said...

I am going to send both you and Ashley to candle rehab. LOL! Dang you both did a great candle haul!

Shireen | Reflection of Sanity

Pilar said...

I usually go for the sweet scented candles since a lot of the pumpkin and woodsy type candles set off my allergies and sinuses lol! BABW wins hands down when it comes to candles. The throws on the Yankee Candles I own are so faintly scented. My mom is so sweet! I was so suprised and I really needed a pick me up! I would love to do a candle haul collab for Winter/Christmas! I remember last year we had a few of the same candles!

Pilar said...

Thank you!

Pilar said...

Thanks! Farmstand Apple smells amazing! I get compliments on how nice my house smells when I burn it! I love how it's fills up the entire house so quickly! I love my mama! This was so kind of her!

Pilar said...

Buttercream Icing has become one of my favorites for the season! I had to have this candle! If Yankee Candles had a stronger throw, their candles would be awesome.

Pilar said...

I agree! Bakery scented candles are some of my favorite candles too! The Buttercream Icing candle has me craving a piece of my mom's homemade cake! I hope you have a nice shopping visit when you go to BABW!

ALLIE NYC said...

Yes there is nothing better then a scented candle. But some are two strong. I like food scented candles for the kitchen and holidays and florals ones for the rest of the house.

Allie of ALLIENYC
allienyc.com

Pilar said...

Thanks! Haha lol! I think Ashley and I might need candle rehab! I just love candles! I'm always burning candles in my house!

Pilar said...

I agree! I don't mind the strong scented bakery candles. I can't tolerate strong scented nut, woods, and floral based candles because I'll get a headache. As much as I loved Summer Board Walk I had to return it because I kept getting headaches.

Elle Sees said...

i love candles! burning some right now. i have a post on 20 ideas for empty candle jars

Anonymous said...

Nice haul!

Pilar said...

I was a burning a candle earlier. I'll check out your post. I love reading new idea for my empty candle jars!

Pilar said...

Thanks!

A Very Sweet Blog said...

I love Buttercream Icing! It smells so good! I purchased two for October and November. Great review.
http://www.averysweetblog.com/

Pilar said...

Thanks! Buttercream Icing is one of the best scents for the season!

Naturalle Drea said...

I love BBW candles!! My favorite Fall one is Pumpkin Pecan Waffle!!

Pilar said...

I love BABW candles too!

How to Survive a 12.5 Hour Shift

 Hello Everyone! I'm no stranger to working long hours, but when it comes to working a 12.5 hour shift. I must admit I'm a newbie lo...