Saturday, December 1, 2018

Reflections 2018/Almost 33 Years Old

Hello Everyone!


It's that time of year again when I reflect on the year. I know December just started, but there are so many things I want to reflect on today. 2018 was truly a year that I trusted God's process. This is not an overly religous post, but my relationship with God is very important to me.

As I get older, I like to think that I'm growing wiser. The almost 33 year old self doesn't view things the way I did 10 or even 5 years ago. I felt that this year I was being tested. I can think back on numerous occasions that I've grown frustrated when things happened beyond my own understanding. I've learned that things that don't always make sense usually have a purpose later.


Some journeys are meant to be walked alone. I don't always think that's a bad thing though. Sometimes you have to step back and do things that are best for you. No announcements, no social media posts about your plans, just do what you need to do. This year I've walked on a few paths alone, and that's ok. I saw clearer and gathered my thoughts. The world is surrounded with distractions, I try not to let things take my focus.


Since high school I've dealt with depression, so that's been half of my life. As I got older during college I've experienced anxiety as well. I mentioned over the Summer I decided to go back into counseling and get back on medication. Almost 6 months later I have noticed postive changes in how I feel. I'm not going to pretend that it's easy for me dealing with my mental health issues because it's not. I'm honest with myself, depression and anxiety are issues I have to work at everyday. I share my story in hope that I am helping someone who is reading.


2018 provided me with opportunities to collaborate with some amazing brands. Some were repeat brands and then there were new brands I've worked with for reviews. Every brand that I've collaborated with over the years and this year, I'm truly grateful.


As an influencer I'm climbing the ladder to get to the top. I don't compare my social media handles to others. I've said this once and I'll say it again, there's room for everyone to be successful.


Success takes hard work, dedication, and once again focus. This year was a special year for me because I celebrated my 5th year of blogging. I'm proud of my blog and all that I have accomplished so far.


I know that's it's very early in the month, but I'm keeping optimistic that December will end 2018 on a positive note. My year wasn't terrible. It's all about you look at life. My birthday is on Christmas and God willing, I will be blessed to see another year.

To all my fellow December babies, I hope you have a wonderful birthday, and wishing everyone a Happy Holiday season!


November 2018 Posts

My Life in October in 2018

Come Along with Me! Christmas Previews 2018

Neutrogena Oil-Free Acne Wash Pink Grapefruit Facial Cleanser and Foaming Scrub

Aromatherapy Love: Rose and Vanilla Collection

Zoya Jubilee Holiday 2018 Collection 

Tips for Hosting Thanksgiving




34 comments:

Lisa said...

What a sweet post. Yay to possitive changes!!! I think 2019 will be great for you. You are an awsome influencer and Im sure your dedication is appreciated. Im still new at it. I currently have a company keeping in touch with me about a possible Ambassador role and currently still a Nutrisystem Ambassador. MY newest as an Advocate for Ricelovebags. I love helping out companies that I believe in and can relate to. I would love to have half the talent you have as an influencer.

Wow! Your a Christmas baby! How cool is that? I hope you have a Happy Birthday month. If my birthday was on Christmas, Id have to decorate in Birthday colors and themes all the way around.

Lisa

Tanza Erlambang - Every Day Issues said...

you look pretty.
good luck

krishna said...

Oh my dear! Happy birthday. I'm very happy to know that you overcome your anxiety and getting success in life. I wish you all the success and happiness life.

Anonymous said...

Nice reflections. Happy early birthday!

Doctor Anne said...

Some paths need to be walked alone, I agree on that. As hard as that might be, you need to face some challenges all by yourself to truly overcome them.
I am gold to hear you are seeing positive changes.

Anne - Linda, Libra, Loca

Paola Lauretano said...

Happy b-day doll, I wish you all the best!
You're so pretty!
Kisses, Paola.

Expressyourself

Priya Hareesh said...

Loved your curls, happy birthday
www.stylebasket.in

Rowena @ rolala loves said...

It's always good to reflect as we near the end of the year to see how far we've come and where we want to go next. Happy Birthday month Pilar!

bellodiesseredonna said...

tantissimi auguri *_* quanti regali

Red Rose Alley said...

I still can't believe you're born on Christmas Day. That's simply wonderful, Pilar. Yes, I think you're getting wiser every year, especially after reading your thoughtful words here today. You have a beautiful heart, and I hope this birthday of 33 is an extra special one for you, Pilar.

~Sheri

Marie said...

Happy Birthday Month Pilar! You should be proud of how wise you are. I can tell your words are sincere by all the thought and emotion you put into these types of posts. I agree with Sheri, you have a beautiful heart! I hope you have a wonderful 33rd birthday!

Beauty Unearthly said...

Gorgeous! You look lovely dear!

Jackie Harrison said...

Big believer in putting god first in every thing we do. The horizon brighten for everyone at a different time so is all how you embrace life. Have a bless week.

ALLIE NYC said...

Yes depression can be challenging. I have dealt with both bio=chemical depression and depression from life circumstances and it is not easy as you say. I also had sever anxiety attacks when I was about 14 years old as on out come of a vey turbulent violent child hood. But the upside is I came to terms with the fear at an early age.

And yes blogging, vlogging and social media is hard work an not an overnight success

Allie of
www.allienyc.com

Ann said...

Love your reflections and it shows your gratitude.
I believe it was a good year for you.

Ann
https://roomsofinspiration.blogspot.com/

Naturalle Drea said...

I think this year was a year of reflection and self evaluation especially for myself. Wishing good things for 2019!

nerline said...

I suffered from depression and low self-esteem for a very long time. I did not go to counseling, but I prayed and cried a lot. I am glad you know what the problem is and you are finding ways to deal with it. Congratulations on everything, doll!

Pilar said...

Thanks Lisa! I'm hoping and praying for a great 2019! I've made so many positive changes in my life this year, and that is something that I'm proud of! You're too kind! I really love being an influencer and I hope that people who read my blog get some sort of inspiration, motivation etc. I know you're fault new at blogging, but I think you're a great influencer as well. I really enjoy reading your blog and seeing your crafts!

Yes I'm a Christmas baby! I think it's pretty cool I was born on Christmas! Thank you! I'm hoping for a Happy Birthday month too! I just love December in general! You know it's funny you mentioned that! Sometimes I have trouble with color themes for my birthday! Something pink or traditional Christmas colors lol!

Pilar said...

Thank you Tanza!

Pilar said...

Thanks Krishna! My anxiety and depression issues have been a struggle, but I refuse to let those issues get the best of me. I feel better that I have more control of my anxiety and depression. I appreciate your kind words! I wish you success and happiness in life as well!

Pilar said...

Thanks!

Pilar said...

Thanks Anne! Very true, I've learned over the years that the challenges I face alone makes me a stronger person. Strength and wisdom go hand in hand.

Pilar said...

Thanks Paola!

Pilar said...

Thanks Priya!

Pilar said...

Thanks Rowena! I agree. Reflecting on the year can be very insightful!

Pilar said...

Thanks!

Pilar said...

Aww thanks Sheri! You're always so kind! I like to think that I have a good heart especially in the world we live in. I try to be wise, cautious, and even when the world can be an ugly place at times, I don't let it change my heart. I'm hoping and praying 33 is an extra special birthday as well. As I start chapter 33, I'm continuing to strive for excellence!

Pilar said...

Thanks Marie for kind words! I love that with age comes wisdom as the years pass. I've learned so much throughout the years. I'm excited and optimistic of what 33 years old will bring!

Pilar said...

Thanks!

Pilar said...

Thanks Jackie! I agree. I put God first in everything in my life. That's very important to me!

Pilar said...

I'm sorry to hear about your challenges throughout your life Alicia, but it sounds like you're coping well. Depression and anxiety have been two of my challenges and even now I don't always understand why I have both. I'm learning to cope better, and I'm seeing positive changes.


Very true! I've been blogging for 5 years, and it's something that I love. It's hard work, but it's worth it!

Pilar said...

Thanks Ann!

Pilar said...

Thanks Drea! Positive vibes for 2019!

Pilar said...

Thanks Nerline! I remembered that you've shared your experiences with depression on social media. I have prayed and cried a lot as well. Sometimes I feel tears can cleanse the soul, and let those negative feelings out. It's still a struggle at times, but I am dealing with anxiety and depression better.

Daylight Saving Time

 Hello Everyone! We may have lost an hour of sleep, but honestly I'm glad that the sun will be setting later. I need sunlight. Today was...