There are so many women that I admire. My mom tops the list. She is such an inspiration to me. I she has shown me how to be a strong, independent, and courageous woman. These are traits that I hope to instill in my own children someday. Another woman I admire is Mariska Hargitay. She is best known for playing Captain Olivia Benson on the long running show Law and Order SVU. Her character constantly fights for victims and women's rights. Did you know that Mariska Hargitay also is an advocate for women's rights outside of her character on Law and Order?
Everyone has a story, here is some of my story. I have shared various elements of my life on my blog over the years.
- I'm a believer of God...the almighty
- Im a daughter... to wonderful mother
A Mother's Day Message For My Mom
- Im a woman... that knows my worth and works hard towards my goals
- I'm a friend...that shows my friends I care.
- I'm a suvivor of domestic violence...and I never
Surviving Domestic Violence: Two Years Later
- I'm a mental health advocate...who lives with
anxiety and depression
May is Mental Health Awareness Month
In addition to Women's History Month, Sunday is International Women's Day. As you recognize the contributions of women etc, don't forget to celebrate yourself :)