Wednesday, June 3, 2015

Adovia Dead Sea Salt Scrub Review

Hello Everyone!


Image Courtesy of Amazon.com

 


Disclaimer: I was selected by Brandbacker to write a review for Adovia Dead Sea Salt Scrub . All opinions are 100 % my own.



About the Product and Claims:

THE SEA SALT BODY SCRUB: Made with Real Dead Sea Salt - 100% Pure and Genuine for an infusion of 21 Minerals Essential to Proper Skin Function. Great Exfoliator and Moisturizer.

THE BENEFITS: Fine Grain Dead Sea Salts Exfoliate the Top Layer of Dead Skin Cells to Reveal a New Younger Looking Layer of Radiant Skin. Deeply Moisturizing Oils Infuse Skin With Luxurious Hydration that Lasts All Day

Works Great in The Shower or Bath - Also a Great Hand Exfoliator to use in the Sink or Foot Scrub



My Thoughts

Let's start with the Pros: This body scrub works well to get rid of dead skin cells without feeling too harsh or drying on my skin. After my shower, my skin felt really soft, smooth, and moisturized. On to the Cons: This body scrub is so messy! When I opened this scrub, I'm glad I opened it over the sink. Not to mention the plastic film covering was hard to get off. I ended up using a pair scissors to get it open. Honestly I don't understand why this scrub didn't come in a tall squeeze bottle for easier usage. To get the product out, I used a spoon to apply on my loofah. I also noticed that the oil sits on top of salt...hence the reason why I mentioned it would be better if this scrub was in a squeeze bottle to at least  have to the option to shake up the scrub before usage. Lastly the smell, if you dislike floral smells this is not for you! I can only speak for myself, but this scrub has an overpowering floral scent.  I could barley tolerate the smell while I was showering. I noticed the smell as soon as I opened the jar. I felt like I was hit in the face with flowers. After my shower, my the floral scent still lingered strongly on my skin. Overall  this scrub got the job done with getting rid of dead skin cells and  keeping my skin feeling soft. I can see the benefits of usage of this product, but I doubt if I would use it again because of the messiness and the overpowering floral scent.


You learn more information on Adovia Dead Sea Salt Scrub at

http://www.amazon.com/Dead-Sea-Salt-Body-Scrub/dp/B00KQWBJ5W/ref=sr_1_25?s=beauty&ie=UTF8&qid=1431200726&sr=1-25&keywords=body+scrub



Thanks for stopping by my blog!

16 comments:

Shireen L. Platt said...

I applied for this too but no reply and still App Under Review but after reading your review, I'm thankful I didn't receive it. I dislike that's overpowering especially floral so this is a miss!

Shireen | Reflection of Sanity

FelyM said...

i like dead sea salt scrub..i really like to taste it

A Very Sweet Blog said...

I think even a person that LOVES florals would dislike this! Who wants an overpowering scented product? I think no one. Definitely sounds like they picked the wrong packaging. Excellent review.
http://www.averysweetblog.com/

Pilar said...

I was disappointed with this product because of the messiness and overpowering floral scent. Like I mentioned I can see the benefits of this scrub, but the cons are a major turn off.

Pilar said...

Glad you like it!

Pilar said...

That's what I thought too Kim! Too much of any scent can be overpowering. I think this company chose the wrong packaging for this type of product!

Marie said...

Great review! I don't like overpowering floral scents either. It sounds like it would be a nice body scrub to use if it weren't for the scent and packaging.

Unknown said...

Great review Pilar!! I have a hard time getting into scrubs. I use them all day at work while doing pedicures so I know how messy they can be. The kind we use is super oil based and messy and if I get it on any of my clothes they will get oils stains. Plus I hate the way they feel on my hands lol I don't know why haha!!
I would try some for the shower by I'm not jumping out to buy any. I really want to try that jealous body coffee scrub I see everyone talking about! I think that one is dry and whe you get it wet it works as an exfoliant. Ok that was all way off topic! Too bad you didn't like the scent to this!! I don't think I would either!

Jackie Harrison said...

I love trying new scrub and base on this review from you very convincing to try this product. Great job.

Beth said...

Great review! I don't like oily body scrubs and the packaging could have better for an oil based product. This is my first time reading about this brand of body scrub.

Pilar said...

Thanks! The scent was just too much. The scrub comes in s nice sized jar, but I think packaging could have been better.

Pilar said...

Thanks! I used scrubs time to time. I find that a lot of scrubs are too harsh on my skin. See that's exactly why I opened this scrub over the sink since it was messy and oil is one of the worst stains to remove from clothing! I heard of the scrub that you're talking about! It sounds very popular in the beauty community! I wish I liked this body scrub, but it was a total miss for me!

Pilar said...

Thanks Jackie! If you try this scrub, I hope you enjoy it!

Pilar said...

Thanks Beth! This product was unfamiliar to me as well before I wrote my review!

willsingformakeup said...

I just received mine yesterday and haven't even opened it yet. Glad I read your reivew first. I don't want a mess all over my floor!

Pilar said...

I'm glad you read my review first to prevent a mess! I'm just so glad I was near a sink when I open this scrub! It's so messy! I hope you enjoy the product more than I did!

Daylight Saving Time

 Hello Everyone! We may have lost an hour of sleep, but honestly I'm glad that the sun will be setting later. I need sunlight. Today was...