Sunday, June 7, 2015

My Favorite Lipstick and Lip Pencil Pairings

 Hello Everyone! 


 
Disclaimer:
 My apologies for the missing pictures. My pictures were accidentally deleted off my blog. Please Refer to my Instagram account miss_pilar to view the pictures (or some of the pictures) that were deleted.  

(My apologies for those reading this prior to the pictures. My pictures were accidently deleted)

Today I have a follow up to my favorite lipstick and lip gloss pairings post. If you missed that post,  CLICK HERE to read. This time I'm going to display my favorite lipstick and lip pencil pairings.


First let's talk about lip pencils

- Can give the illusion that you have fuller or smaller lips

In my case, lip pencils give the illusion that I have fuller lips rather than my usual medium sized lips.

- Can tone down a lipstick

If MAC's Saint Germain or Blankety (or any bright lipstick) too bright or too bold for your taste, try  using a darker lip pencil to help tone down the lipstick.

- Can be worn alone

Looking to change things up with your lip products? Try wearing a lip pencil shade instead of lipstick and wear a lip gloss on top or wear the lip pencil alone.


Now on to my favorite lipstick and lipstick pairings


1. MAC Girl About Town and NYX Lip Pencil in
- Bloom

 


 


2. MAC Creme Cup  and NYX Lip Pencil in 
- Rose
- Nude Truffle 
- Soft Brown

 

 


3. MAC No Faux Pas and NYX Lip Pencil in 
- Fuchsia

 


 


4. MAC Viva Glam Miley Cyrus and NYX Lip Pencil in 
- Edge Pink

 

 


5. MAC A Novel Romance and NYX Lip Pencil in 
- Sand Pink
- Fuchsia

 


 


6. MAC Up The Amp and NYX Lip Pencil in 
- Purple Rain
- Avon Lip Liner in Perfect Plum



 


7. MAC Heroine and NYX Lip Pencil in 
- Currant 
- Prune

 


8. MAC Ruby Woo and MAC Lip Pencil in 
- Ruby Woo
- NYX Lip Pencil in Hot Red

 

9. MAC Blankety and NYX Lip Pencil in 
- Mauve 
- Nutmeg


 

 


10. Russian Red and NYX Lip Pencil in
- Red Hot

 

 



What are some of your favorite lipstick/lip gloss and lip pencil pairings?




Also, I made a Facebook page. Here is the link


 

I also added a Facebook Like Box on the right side of my page for your convenience. Check out and like my new page! Thanks to everyone that supports me on social media! I appreciate it!!

Thanks for the stopping by my blog! 

16 comments:

Marie said...

Great post! I love all your pairings!

Pilar said...

Thank you!

Unknown said...

Thank you for doing this post Pilar! I need more lip liners in my life. I'm going to have to try those liners with Creme cup! and I need the Nyx mauve liner haha! I love all these combos you chose!

Jackie Harrison said...

Beautiful shades

Pilar said...

Thank you and you're welcome! Creme Cup and Blankety are the type of lipsticks that a lot of lip pencils will go with well. Mauve is a really pretty color!

Pilar said...

Thank you!

Margo @ PrettyPanda said...

I now want all of those MAC shades! Haha I really need to get a new tube of Russian Red. I love all of your pairings!

Pilar said...

Thank you! MAC has so many nice shades of lipstick even though their company dupes a lot of their own lipsticks lol!

A Very Sweet Blog said...

Those are some pretty color combinations Pilar. Smitten with the purple ones.
http://www.averysweetblog.com/

Pilar said...

Thank you!

What Taylor Buys said...

Love MAC lipsticks x
http://whattaylorbuys.blogspot.co.uk/

Pilar said...

Thanks for stopping by my blog!

Shireen L. Platt said...

I'm trying to get into lip liners so this is super helpful, Pilar! And can I say I am a little envious of your Mac lipstick collection? It's like WOW! xx

Shireen | Reflection of Sanity

willsingformakeup said...

These are great lip combos! I really like lip liner too. It can do so much for your lips. I have many of those same Nyx liners, but there are a couple more I need to get -- like Mauve and Nutmeg.

Pilar said...

Thanks! I'm glad find this post helpful! It took some to build up my MAC lipstick collection lol!

Pilar said...

Thanks! I know some lip liners tend to give me fuller lips rather than the medium sized lips I actually have. I remember when I purchased Mauve, that shade was a last minute choice. Now it's one of my favorite lip liners!

Daylight Saving Time

 Hello Everyone! We may have lost an hour of sleep, but honestly I'm glad that the sun will be setting later. I need sunlight. Today was...