Monday, June 1, 2015

Real Techniques Collection and Review

Hello Everyone! 

Disclaimer:
 My apologies for the missing pictures. My pictures were accidentally deleted off my blog. Please Refer to my Instagram account miss_pilar to view the pictures (or some of the pictures) that were deleted.  
 
 
I've been using Real Techniques Brushes since the beginning of January 2014, and these brushes quickly became one of my brands of makeup brushes to use when I apply my makeup. If you missed my favorite makeup brushes post from yesterday, CLICK HERE to read.


* The brushes are in no particular order
 

1. Retractable Bronzer Brush
2. Powder Brush
3. Buffering Brush
4. Contour Brush
5. Essential Foundation Brush
6. Pointed Foundation Brush
7. Detailer Brush


 

1. Multi Task Brush
2. Blush Brush


 

1. Domed Shadow Brush
2. Deluxe Crease Brush
3. Base Shadow Brush 
4. Shading Brush
5. Pixel-Point Eyeliner Brush 
6. Accent Brush
7. Brow Brush


Pros
- Budget friendly 
-  Easy to find  (I usually go to Ulta or Walmart)
-  Great for multipurpose makeup application
- Applies makeup well
- Soft bristles 
- Most brushes don't shed when used or washed 
- If you buy RT sets of brushes, a black travel case (that stands) is included

Cons
- Bulky
- Buffering Brush shed
- Some of the eyeshadow brushes have wider bristles 

Overall, I really like using RT Brushes. I decided not to write a lengthy in depth review since these brushes are frequently reviewed on social media. Instead I decided to focus more on the pros and cons. The Buffering Brush is the only brush that had a shedding issue. My brush started to shed before I even had the chance to use it. I think I received a defected brush. On the bright side I contacted RT about this issue and I was sent another brush set from RT since the buffering brush shed so badly. The new set I received works well!


Do you own any RT Brushes? If so, what are your favorite RT Brushes to use?

Also, I made a Facebook page. Here is the link:



 

I also added a Facebook Like Box on the right side of my page for your convenience. Check out and like my new page! Thanks to everyone that supports me on social media! I appreciate it!!


Thanks for stopping by my blog! 




14 comments:

Unknown said...

I have most of the ones you are showing! I never had a problem with my buffer one shedding, but I don't use it all that often!

Pilar said...

I like to wash and test out all my brushes when I purchase them. I noticed the shedding when I took the buffering brush out the pack and it got worse when I tried to wash it. At least RT sent me another set, and the new brush works perfectly!

Shireen L. Platt said...

I only have three Real Technique brushes, the eye liner, buffing and stippling brush and I love all of it. Shame that you got a defected brush but good to know they have great customer service! xx

Shireen | Reflection of Sanity

A Very Sweet Blog said...

I don't have any! LOL I need to purchase a set. They're definitely more economical. Brushes are expensive.
http://www.averysweetblog.com/

Pilar said...

I was very pleased with RT customer service and it didn't take long to receive the replacement! I saw RT have a few more brushes out that I would like to try. I think it's a new pink set. I'm unsure of what the brushes are called though.

Pilar said...

I love brushes that have great quality and inexpensive. I want a set of Sigma or Sedona Lace brushes, but it's like you said brushes are expensive! I would to try to get a set of those brushes during black friday or during a good sale!

Kelsey&Kenecha said...

I need to get me some!

Florals&Smiles

Pilar said...

These brushes are a good investment!

Jackie Harrison said...

I'm glad you did the review I agree with what the buffering brush does shed that's when I made the decision to purchase Eco Tools they economical and work amazing also is great for our environment and I love the bamboo handle.

Pilar said...

Thanks Jackie! I was glad RT customer took care of the issue with the buffering brush. Eco Tools sounds like a great brand of brushes!

willsingformakeup said...

Great review! I haven't had any problems with shedding, but I don't use that buffer brush on a regular basis. I do agree about the eye brushes being a little too wide. I've considered some of the new ones with the metal handles, but those eye brushes seem to be a little too large too. This will just be a chance for them to produce more brushes. lol

Pilar said...

Thanks Lauren! I noticed the new eye brushes being wide too! I didn't take me long to get used to the wide eye brushes, but some days I wish the brushes were smaller lol. Hopefully RT will produce smaller eye brushes in the near future!

Marie said...

Very nice collection!

Pilar said...

Thanks Marie!

Daylight Saving Time

 Hello Everyone! We may have lost an hour of sleep, but honestly I'm glad that the sun will be setting later. I need sunlight. Today was...